Reviews: jamesgburnham7128

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 27

I enjoyed my stay here. The dorms were comfortable, and I liked how each bed had a power socket for charging stuff. The hostel itself is huge and can feel a bit empty at times, and after staying at the Milhouse in BA was a little disappointed that the bar was always deserted. On the plus, the hostel is really close to the bars and clubs around the main square.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

I had a great stay here! The bar and staff are amazing, and it's a great place to meet other travellers. The beds were comfortable and there was always hot water. Wifi was sometimes overwhelmed but this is a problem across Peru. Would recommend to others.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Good bar for meeting other travellers, always something going on. Beds were comfortable, but hot water supply was patchy. Close to the main square and possible to book tours through the hostel. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend to others.

• 6th Aug 2014

Hostal Eucalyptus

Potosi, Bolivia

The only time I felt warm in Bolivia! Rooms were heated and comfortable, with hot water. Staff were friendly and mine tours can be arranged through them. Roof terrace has great views of the city and mountain. Enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to others.

• 31st Jul 2014

KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi

Sucre, Bolivia

This is a great place to meet other travellers and is close to the main square. They could do with a few more bathrooms though.

• 29th Jul 2014

Hostal Rural

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! Pablo and Clarence go out of their way to make sure everyone has a great time - the nightly bonfires make for a very sociable hostel; perfect for solo travellers. The hostel is right in the middle of town, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Tours can be booked via the hostel and are the same price as going direct. It was hard to leave this place and I would happily recommend Hostel Rural to others.

• 10th Jul 2014

Aji Verde Hostel

La Serena, Chile

The hostel is close to the town centre, and makes a good base for exploring. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though the place could do with more bathrooms. Lots of common areas and a well-equipped kitchen. The hostel had a good atmosphere when I was there. Oh, and they have a SNES.

• 6th Jul 2014

Casa Verde Limon

Valparaiso, Chile

A decent base to explore Valparaiso. Great location close to the funicular. Rooms were clean and comfortable, though the place could do with more showers. Common areas are large and kitchen is well-equipped. There wasn't much of an atmosphere when I stayed though this may have been due to the time of year.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Kona Tau

Easter Island, Chile

The hostel was empty when I was there (for the last 2 days I was the only guest!) but it does have a large communal area. The staff can disappear for hours at a time, but are friendly and helpful. Easter Island is expensive, but I felt that the hostel was particularly so - I knew of others who were paying a lot less at other guest houses for a private room than I was paying for a dorm (this may have been due to it being winter). I did enjoy my stay though.

• 23rd Jun 2014

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

I had a great time here, and ended up staying longer than expected! The hostel is in the best location - round the corner from the bars and restaurants of Bellavista and close to the city centre. The staff are really nice, which helps contribute to the excellent atmosphere. The hostel is massive, and there are plenty of spaces to chill. Wifi works everywhere. Kitchen is well-equipped. Only downside is that the dorms can get a little cold at night, but duvets are provided. I would stay again.

• 18th Jun 2014

Samba Palace

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hot water supply in the showers was intermittent to say the least, but aside from that a decent base to explore Rio. Bar staff are cool, and breakfast is decent for South America.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important for us to continually improving our service. Showers has been fixed 3 weeks ago and the hot is amazing now :) Once more, thanks for your comments and for staying with us :)

Copacabana 4U

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel has a good location close to the beach and the metro, however there was no atmosphere in the place at all - the large roof terrace, which would have made an amazing bar, was given over to a camping area (the bar was shoved into the basement). This, combined with the triple deck bunk beds, gave the impression that the hostel was just trying to cram in as many bodies as possible at the expense of the hostel experience. There were not enough bathrooms to cope either. I wouldn't stay agai

• 6th Jun 2014

El Misti Hostel Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I enjoyed my stay here. The location is Central and you can book all of the various tours through the hostel. The breakfast was good by South American standards. Rooms and bathrooms were kept clean. My main criticism is that the lockers available for hire are small and cannot fit a tablet or laptop.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

Good location on the beach, but the place was pretty dead when I was there and lacked atmosphere. The facilities are a bit tired, but the main problem is the lack of door on the main dorm, which allowed mosquitoes to flood in (and the hostel cats - I found them sleeping on my bed/clothes on several occasions, which I didn't mind, but it could have been problematic for someone with allergies). Nets provided didn't cover bottom bunks, and had holes (see cats) so I got eaten alive!

• 29th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Unbelievable !! How can you write a comment like this when you stayed only one night at the hostel ? The hostel has 2 years so canĀ“t be tyred. The hostel vibe is really nice , backpackers from all around the world all the time arrive to the hostel, this makes a beautiful atmosfhere. About the cat 3 months old we had, he is not here anymore because of you my friend. Please guys see other comments, this guy is so silly.

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Not enough characters to praise this place! Best possible location. Amazing staff. Great atmosphere. Excellent food. Comfortable rooms. I wish I could have stayed longer, and will definitely be back; You'd be mad to stay anywhere else.

• 17th May 2014

Concept Design Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

This is a great hostel. As per the other reviews it feels more like a boutique hotel. The dorms are spacious, and the beds are really comfortable. The pool and bar area are great, and the breakfast is good by South American standards. The staff are very friendly and helpful (definitely go for the home made pizza night!). The hostel itself is just round the corner from the bus station, from where you can easily get to both sides of the falls, and also close to the town centre. Stay here!

• 14th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

The hostel wasn't very busy when I was there, and there wasn't much of an atmosphere, but I'm sure it's fun around the pool and bar when busier. The hostel itself was clean and comfortable, and is close to the centre. If I was in asuncion again I'd stay here.

• 12th May 2014

Turning Point Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Wish I could have stayed here longer! The staff are amazing, and make sure that there is always something going on, day or night. As a result there is a great atmosphere at all times, even when the hostel isn't very busy. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable, and conveniently located halfway between the bus terminal and the city centre. I'd definitely stay again and would recommend to others.

• 9th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for that review, we try our best so that guest will have a great time in Cordoba! Have a good one!

Caballo Loco Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

When we went there at the end of the season the place was pretty empty, but I can imagine that when it's busier it has a good atmosphere, with a large open plan communal area with pool table. All of the facilities seem brand new (comfortable beds!) though more bathrooms would be ideal. The hostel is a short walk from the historic centre and makes a good base to explore Montevideo. I'd stay again if I was in town.

• 7th May 2014

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

The hostel is walking distance from both the ferry/bus terminal and the town centre. The communal areas are good, though our dorm was a little on the small side. There's always someone at the desk who can help out, and even though we were there at the end of the season and the place was fairly empty there was still a good, chilled, atmosphere. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to others.

• 6th May 2014

Punto Urbano

Mendoza, Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's a very sociable hostel and easy to meet people at the free wine happy hour. You can sort out a large number of tours via the hostel, and the staff are really helpful. Some of the facilities were a bit dated (my mattress had certainly seen better days!) but I noticed that they seem to be in the middle of a refurbishment so hopefully this won't be an issue going forward. I'd happily stay here again and would recommend the place to others.

• 24th Apr 2014

Backpacker's Suites & Bar

Salta, Argentina

The hostel makes a decent base to explore Salta and the surrounding area.

• 20th Apr 2014

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great time staying here - good atmosphere and the (friendly) staff have tons of stuff organised day and night - fantastic if you're travelling alone. The dorms and bathrooms are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and the place is locked down like Fort Knox. Given the reputation as a party hostel they do a pretty good job of keeping things quiet late at night, but I'd probably not recommend staying unless you're planning on partying! I'd recommend to others and would stay again.

• 17th Apr 2014