Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Pros - The location for the hostel is great. The staff is super helpful. Breakfast is simple but filling. And as I said, great location ! Cons - The beds are not comfy unless you get lucky with one of the softer mattresses. The bathroom has issues as well but is functional.

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

First, the bathrooms are outside the room and in the winter the pipes freeze over. Also, the owner (?) recommended expensive balloon tours to us. I knew someone who had a cheaper hot air balloon ride and when I mentioned the company name the owner told us that the balloon company had accidents/is not well organized etc, which was not true at all. My assumption is that he did not work with the company and hence, did not get commission and did not recommend it. Location is fine + good breakfast.

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Selcuk is a tiny town. Artemis hotel is located at a 1 min walk from the train station. Very easy to find. They have a good spread for breakfast and functional amenities. The owner is really helpful though I think he convinced us into taking a relatively expensive tour vs. traveling alone.