Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Pros - nice atmosphere, great tv room, Wi-Fi inside the rooms, good breakfast Cons - only 3 showers, 2 sinks and 2 toilets for the entire floor (~24 beds). Not close to a whole lot of sightseeing places. Lady at the desk wasn't friendly, not ride either just very business like

• 15th Aug 2014
  • India

Khammany Inn Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

Cons - Rooms do not lock. Our bathroom also had a drainage problem, pretty gross of you have to step in 1.5 inches of dirty water. They shut off the AC during the day. Ours stopped working twice and we had to ask to fix it. Our tuktuk driver to the waterfall arranged by the hostel was kinda shady, wouldn't recommend using the hostel, just find your own. Pros - meet a lot of travelers, close to night market, decent breakfast included

• 11th Aug 2014
  • India

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Pros - The location for the hostel is great. The staff is super helpful. Breakfast is simple but filling. And as I said, great location ! Cons - The beds are not comfy unless you get lucky with one of the softer mattresses. The bathroom has issues as well but is functional.

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

First, the bathrooms are outside the room and in the winter the pipes freeze over. Also, the owner (?) recommended expensive balloon tours to us. I knew someone who had a cheaper hot air balloon ride and when I mentioned the company name the owner told us that the balloon company had accidents/is not well organized etc, which was not true at all. My assumption is that he did not work with the company and hence, did not get commission and did not recommend it. Location is fine + good breakfast.

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Selcuk is a tiny town. Artemis hotel is located at a 1 min walk from the train station. Very easy to find. They have a good spread for breakfast and functional amenities. The owner is really helpful though I think he convinced us into taking a relatively expensive tour vs. traveling alone.