Location: Sweden, Gender: Male, Age: 39

Kville Hotel

Gothenburg, Sweden

The owner is a very nice guy and he really tries to make you feel well. However, the place needs a serious clean-up and renovation. I had reserved a bed in a 4-bed dorm, but there was no key to the locker and the room was very dirty. Behind the bed there were old pills and other waste lying around. The piled up dust was not from yesterday. Since I was only going to stay for one night I laid in bed, but started to get an allergic reaction so I left instantly.

Five Reasons Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

Brand new and close to main station. Very nice facilities, but price is a bit high. Good wifi and overall modern.

Ok hostel in the city centre of Cuzco. Always a guard at the door during night time. Good bar area with reasonable prices. Stayed in a room for three with private bathroom and the room was overall ok. Extremely lousy electrical sockets for recharging your stuff and very slow wifi.

Supertramp Hostel

Machu Picchu, Peru

Extremely nice and new hostel in Macchu Pichu Pueblo. All brand new and even still being built some parts of the bathrooms during my stay. Cozy and with good amenities. Nice and good looking staff...

Hostal Chaska Wasi

Ollantaytambo, Peru

Very simple hostel directly on the main square in Ollantaytambo. The facilities were ok, but wifi painfully slow and there was also no water during the day. Simple breakfast, but overall decent value for my money.

The Local NYC

New York, USA

Very nice newly built hostel where the dorms are ensuite with shower, which is very nice. There is also a bar on the premises, but it doesn't really serve any snacks, which is a pity. I also missed that it wan't possible to open the window in the room in order to get some fresh air. Sure there was air conditioning, but to get fresh air that doesn't help.

Average style hostel in central Chicago close to a bar district and within walking distance to the metro. Big factilities and lots of large and clean bathrooms as well as common area. The breakfast was a joke and the coffee machine didn't even work. Staff seemed uninterested in their clients.

Hi, sorry that the coffee machine was not functioning the one day your stayed here. The company the maintains it came out the next day and fixed it.

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

In the outskirts of Chicago close to the Cubs stadium. Very basic facilities and no air conditioning, which made the rooms very hot and it was virtually impossible to sleep. Too few bathrooms for the amount of beds the hostel had. Staff was nice and helpful.

Hi :) Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. We have made some great improvements since your stay. All bedrooms now have adequate air conditioning for guests and our bathroom facilities have expanded to accommodate our guests needs. Thank you for mentioning that we are located outside Wrigley Field Baseball Stadium and are in one of the most exciting neighborhoods in Chicago, just 15 minutes from Downtown. We look forward to your next stay with us at Wrigley Hostel.

William Penn House

Washington DC, USA

Extremely good location in a residential neigbourhood and only a few hundred meters from the Capitolium. Also close to the Metro. The house in itself is quite simple, but cosy. There is no staff onsite during the nights, so a question is how secure it really is. Never felt unsafe during my stay, though. The hostel is run by the quakers, which didn't bother me in a any way. There is a service every morning and many of the other guest would probably normally be quakers. Very nice receptionist.

We do, in fact, have staff members living in residence. The office closes at 9pm, after which they tend to keep a low profile. However, the staff do remain in an "on call" designation for the remainder of the night, and can be reached through a staff alert bell in the event of emergencies. While we do have a number of Quaker guests, being Quaker is not a requirement. We welcome anyone who is interested in staying with us!