Location: Norway, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Balcony Hostel Patong

Phuket, Thailand

I haven't slept this well in a hostel in years. The beds alone made me stay longer then i intended to. It's a wee walk from the beach and the busiest bar streets, but in my book that's really only a plus. Was here while the curfew was being upheld, but still had an amazing time and met some great people around the pool table in reception. They also have really good breakfast :)

Nice place, very typical for any backpackers hostel. Good vibe, free beer during happy hour and lot's of other travellers to meet! And they'll help you with any tour or travel plans you might have. They helped me out with a trip to Halong Bay and then to Sa Pa, of which the latter in particular was brilliant.

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Had some trouble finding this place, since it's in a back alley, and there's two of them on that same alley. Most spacious dorm room and lockers i've ever had in a hostel, nice and clean and with more bathrooms on the top floor, should yours be occupied. Some really nice girls at reception, always with a smile and some good advice should you need it. Would easily stay here again.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice little place, right where u'd want to be. Close but not too close..:) Stayed for a few nights and the only thing i could find to complain about was it was really cold in the room (because of the ac) at night and only thin sheets, no blankets. But that was probably more of a battle between me and my room mates about what temperature to set the ac to! Charming, family owned with some lovely girls helping out.

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

This is one of my most awesome hostel experiences ever, and i've stayed in a fair few. As long as you're aware that it's a hostel and not a five star hotel, you will love this place. The staff are friendly and always helpful, the rooms have what you need and there are big big lockers you can use free of charge. The wifi can be a bit scetchy, but that is more of a Nepalee thing than an Alobar thing, same for the power, It's Nepal, deal with it. Love it love it love it, and would easily go back!!

Zostel Jodhpur

Jodhpur, India

A nice little hostel, and one of the few (if not the only) in the area. Unfortunately a bit too far out of the city centre for my taste and considering all the good guesthouse options in the city it's difficult to defend booking here, simply because of the location. It's a shame because it's got the potential to be a really awesome place!! Probably better for a group than people travelling alone.

Hi Lisbet! First off, thank you for the review and rating that you've given us. As you've mentioned the location, we agree it might be slightly far from the city, but a tuk tuk ride is fast and easy to get! We do hope that you enjoyed our other facilities like wi-fi, the clean dorms and the common rooms. If you have any suggestions as to how we can improve the experience, do feel free to tell us! We hope you'll drop by again at our other Zostels in the future! Cheers! Zostel

Moustache Hostel

New Delhi, India

Great spot, a bit out of the worst hustle and bustle of Delhi. The staff are wonderfully dedicated and they also have a good cooperation with outside providers of travel offers, taxis and such. It's fairly easy to get around from here weather by taxi, rickshaw or the metro (a surprisingly well developed system for getting around Delhi). I loved my stay so much that I actually came back twice. Very good place also to meet likeminded travellers from all around the world.

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

Nice place, very friendly staff! Close to the train station and easy to find. Free wifi anywhere in the hostel is much appreciated. Missed having lockers in the rooms, but honestly I don't think it could fit.

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

If you want a small hostel with heaps of character this is definitely for you. The hostel is small, has cats, a great location (walking distance to most things you need to see in KL), the staff is friendly and it feels safe. It is not the place to go if you want a party atmosphere, but if you're used to the backpacking experience and just want somewhere quiet and nice to hang out this is the place to be!

I didn't spend to much time in the actual hostel, since melbourne is such a great place to just hang out, but when i was there it seemed a bit tricky to get in touch with other people staying there. The staff weren't overly friendly or too efficient, although they did seem to know what they were doing, and someone somewhere in this business obviously has a good idea of how to run a hostel, because everything seemed very smooth and easy. Big plus with the free breakfast!

Wake Up! Sydney Central

Sydney, Australia

I really enjoyed my time at Wake up and in Sydney, I was especially happy with the fact that the room (8-bed dorm) was easily big enough to actually fit eight people - not always the case with hostels!! Not to happy about the always way to long wait for the two lifts, it's just not enough in a hostel this big, especially when there's no stairs one can use. Also annoyed with having to pay for a locker for luggage storage on checking out, when my flight wasn't until late that evening.