Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Me and my friend ended our week in Iceland here. Fantastic location, decent lockers in the dorm room and blackout curtains are always welcome in June in Iceland! Minor point: the guy who booked is didn't give us a great check in - a little strange I have to say! All the other staff were a credit to the hostel. Price was pretty much the same as everywhere in Iceland (linen is extra if you don't have a sleeping bag). That said, atmosphere was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• 13th Jun 2014

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

I loved the hostel when I stayed here in January. Initially booked a couple of nights and ended up staying a week. Atmosphere was great for meeting people, the lounge was very relaxed and chilled out. There were lockers in the room and the hostel was clean. The two most important things for me.

• 21st Jan 2014

Centerpoint Hostel

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Nothing spectacular about this hostel but neither is a lot of accommodation on Phi Phi I heard. It's not the cheapest place to stay in Thailand. I remember that it was pretty clean but the loud music opposite the hostel was a bit annoying. The best way to fall asleep is to go get drunk and pass out back in the hostel. I would rather stay in a quieter part of Phi Phi. Perfect area if you have come to just party.

• 19th Jan 2014

2W Cafe & Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

Hostel was clean. Lockers are outside the room in the corridor, which is not favourable. The room was a little cramped when the hostel was full. Despite this, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I met some great people here who I continued the rest of my trip with so I always have great memories of 2W.

• 15th Jan 2014

Here Be Dragons

Battambang, Cambodia

I stayed here for two or three nights back in January. Unfortunately I was ill the whole time during my stay so was unfortunate to hardly make it out of the hostel. I spent most of my time in the room but the staff were amazing. They made me some healthy soup that was not on the menu and did very well at keeping my spirits up. I hope I can come back again and explore Battambang. I couldn't fault anything about the hostel: good location, clean and good security.

• 12th Jan 2014

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Loved this hostel. Whatever people say about the English owner, I think he was brilliant. Very helpful and couldn't do more to help you plan your trip while in the capital. Very knowledgeable about Cambodia and was very good at bringing travellers together who were travelling solo. I would stay here again in Phnom Penh. Clean and great atmosphere. What more do you need?

• 9th Jan 2014

Siem Reap Rooms

Siem Reap, Cambodia

It's in a little quieter part of Siem Reap but the hostel itself is excellent. I wanted somewhere to relax and booked myself a private room on this leg of the trip in Cambodia. The staff are awesome and I still keep in touch with them! I didn't meet many other backpackers but would stay here again. Excellent security and cleanliness. Short stroll to the town centre of Siem Reap.

• 6th Jan 2014

Cozy Bangkok Place

Bangkok, Thailand

Great location with a short walk to the train station. It's great when catching those early trains. Staff were very helpful. Atmosphere was only marked down because I didn't see many people around at the end of the day when I was there but I was out of the hostel a lot as well. Definitely recommend you stay here when you come to Bangkok. Very relaxing for it's position in the city centre.

• 5th Jan 2014

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Everything about this hostel was perfect. Very clean and they even fold the towels into origami for you! Atmosphere was the only disappointing thing about this hostel but I think Chiang Rai in general is a little quite. I think I shared an 8 dorm with 2 other people. Would recommend to anyone staying in Chiang Rai. Good base for doing the Golden Triangle tour, which I booked through the hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

I stayed in the bamboo hut, which was not an enjoyable experience for me. The hut itself was fine and I have no concerns about the security. But I never feel comfortable when I'm not convinced the sheets and everything were clean. Maybe they were, but they were a bit tatty and look in need of updating. The shower blocks were a little off putting as well. Atmosphere is relaxing if you're a hippy. I can see the appeal of staying here and chilling out. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• 1st Jan 2014

Spicythai Backpackers

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The showers are lacking big style and I don't recall if there were lockers in the rooms or not - I can't remember. However, this is probably one of the best hostels I stayed in for my whole six weeks in Southeast Asia in December/January. The English guy and the owner do a great job and take guests out for great day trips. If you are in Chiang Mai, I can't recommend this place enough. Very helpful in planning your stay in the city, Thailand and Asia!

• 26th Dec 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here over Christmas 2013. The hostel was very clean and the privacy in the dorm rooms is a really nice touch. Staff were helpful with planning your trip in the city and Thailand. Lockers in the room and the atmosphere in common areas made it easy to meet people.

• 21st Dec 2013

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Really enjoyed my stay. Alice was very helpful throughout (have fun in Sunderland!). You can't beat the value for money at all. The bathroom facilities were private, very clean and couldn't fault them at all. The tours organised through the hostel were great and great value too. Only gripe was the noise after midnight but only on some nights. It's a nice distance from the city centre, but in a nice area close to the Botantic gardens. I would recommend Lagans to anyone staying in Belfast.

• 24th Jun 2013

St Christopher's Camden

I did really like the bar, but I think the choice of music (heavy metal) on a Tuesday night is a lot to be desired - courtesy for hostel guests. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The room was very warm - didn't seem to be anyway to control the heat. Security was fine, there was underbed storage for bags. Location was very safe, and a short walk to Camden market. Took advantage of the breakfast (cereal & toast). The person topping things up could have been more attentive.

• 21st May 2013

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Excellent location, very central. I loved the bar, and the deals made it very cheap! The staff were very friendly and to have an en suite room in a dorm is luxurious! Security for the luggage room could be a bit tighter - could literally go in and grab anything from there. Me and my mate had a bit of a rash develop later when we checked out, so maybe from the towels/bed sheets? These aren't negatives that would stop me from staying again. If I'm in Berlin again, I will stay here!

• 26th Feb 2013

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I would find it difficult to fault this hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. Rooms were clean, as were shower and toilet facilites. Lockers in rooms are always a good thing. Atmosphere was great - cheap food (and nice food!), cheap drink and lots of people. Didn't get a chance to do the tours. But for free, who can complain. Liked everything about the place, would certainly be staying there if I'm in Edinburgh again.

• 12th Oct 2012

NosDa Studio Hostel

Cardiff, Wales

Had a very nice stay. Just a quick stop off for the Cardiff/Newcastle game. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Nice the breakfast is included, so definitely have no complaints there. Had a great view from my room of the stadium and a nice friendly bar area, although having a room above the bar meant not getting an early night (only until midnight). Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and will be staying there if I'm passing again. Recommend the Brains on tap too!

• 11th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dollis Hill is not a very nice area at all. The guy on the front desk was super helpful. Bedding was clean, didn't use the showers so can't comment on that. My biggest gripe was security. I was checking out early, and was told to hand the key in night before. How can get back in my room I asked the receptionist? Open the door, "put a sock under the door", hand key in while leaving the door open the whole time! Building needed lots of work. Would use hostel as a last resort - that's what it was.

• 19th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

The best location for a hostel in Cologne I would say, literally round the corner from the Dom and main areas. Bed was fairly comfortable. Little mix up with beds but that was resolved very efficiently. I think in the 4 bed mixed dorm there should be lockers in the rooms, I think there is enough space instead out on the corridors. The shower was very poor, but the room and bathroom was clean.

• 18th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your comments..we are looking in to placing Lockers inside the rooms,but for the moment we feel that the Lockers on the corridors ,which are under monitored by Video cameras ,are more secure than Lockers in the rooms( where we obviously dont have cameras!)...its a little inconvient ,we admit...but we are working on it!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Possibly one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The location in the red light district didn't have any effect on my stay. They have very good security there. The beds were super comfortable, and I loved the shower. I found one particular staff member quite rude one day, apart from her everything else was fine. Guy who checked me in (don't know name, I Love Bondi shirt) was very friendly and went out of his way to help with city information. A definite place you should stay in Frankfurt.

• 17th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Location was really good. As mentioned several times, the internet wasn't the best. However, the neccessary things like planning my trip I was eventually able to do. So if it's basic internet needs then you can put up with it. Lockers and security was great. The staff I found approachable, they were able to answer my questions. Apart from an off putting stain on the mattress, the bed was very comfortable and I had no problems with the bed or shower facilities in the rooms.

• 13th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the comment! It is nice to hear, that you had a nice stay in our hostel! Concerning the problem with the internet... We know that it's not working fast at everytime. This could be, because if a lot of guest are surfing at the same time, the internet-box have to split up the total speed to every user.. But we try to solve the problem, so that the internet is running high for every guest! We hope that you will visit us again ;) Nice greetings from Cologne!

Hostel Central Station

Belgrade, Serbia

I was in a twin private room with a friend. We both had a comfortable stay, very clean and perfect location. Was very easy to find our way to the airport.

• 2nd Dec 2011

YHA London Earls Court

Stay pretty much everytime I visit London. Usually use it as a stay over when flying to somewhere. Beds are comfortable and clean. If you're looking for a party, probably not the hostel for you. But suits my every need. Only thing still not sure about is the shower rooms, but still clean. For a hostel, I wouldn't pick faults for this place. Location is amazing!

• 23rd Nov 2011