Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Really enjoyed my stay. Alice was very helpful throughout (have fun in Sunderland!). You can't beat the value for money at all. The bathroom facilities were private, very clean and couldn't fault them at all. The tours organised through the hostel were great and great value too. Only gripe was the noise after midnight but only on some nights. It's a nice distance from the city centre, but in a nice area close to the Botantic gardens. I would recommend Lagans to anyone staying in Belfast.

St Christopher's Camden

I did really like the bar, but I think the choice of music (heavy metal) on a Tuesday night is a lot to be desired - courtesy for hostel guests. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The room was very warm - didn't seem to be anyway to control the heat. Security was fine, there was underbed storage for bags. Location was very safe, and a short walk to Camden market. Took advantage of the breakfast (cereal & toast). The person topping things up could have been more attentive.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Excellent location, very central. I loved the bar, and the deals made it very cheap! The staff were very friendly and to have an en suite room in a dorm is luxurious! Security for the luggage room could be a bit tighter - could literally go in and grab anything from there. Me and my mate had a bit of a rash develop later when we checked out, so maybe from the towels/bed sheets? These aren't negatives that would stop me from staying again. If I'm in Berlin again, I will stay here!

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I would find it difficult to fault this hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. Rooms were clean, as were shower and toilet facilites. Lockers in rooms are always a good thing. Atmosphere was great - cheap food (and nice food!), cheap drink and lots of people. Didn't get a chance to do the tours. But for free, who can complain. Liked everything about the place, would certainly be staying there if I'm in Edinburgh again.

NosDa Studio Hostel

Cardiff, Wales

Had a very nice stay. Just a quick stop off for the Cardiff/Newcastle game. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Nice the breakfast is included, so definitely have no complaints there. Had a great view from my room of the stadium and a nice friendly bar area, although having a room above the bar meant not getting an early night (only until midnight). Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and will be staying there if I'm passing again. Recommend the Brains on tap too!

Dollis Hill is not a very nice area at all. The guy on the front desk was super helpful. Bedding was clean, didn't use the showers so can't comment on that. My biggest gripe was security. I was checking out early, and was told to hand the key in night before. How can get back in my room I asked the receptionist? Open the door, "put a sock under the door", hand key in while leaving the door open the whole time! Building needed lots of work. Would use hostel as a last resort - that's what it was.

The best location for a hostel in Cologne I would say, literally round the corner from the Dom and main areas. Bed was fairly comfortable. Little mix up with beds but that was resolved very efficiently. I think in the 4 bed mixed dorm there should be lockers in the rooms, I think there is enough space instead out on the corridors. The shower was very poor, but the room and bathroom was clean.

Thanks for your comments..we are looking in to placing Lockers inside the rooms,but for the moment we feel that the Lockers on the corridors ,which are under monitored by Video cameras ,are more secure than Lockers in the rooms( where we obviously dont have cameras!)...its a little inconvient ,we admit...but we are working on it!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Possibly one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The location in the red light district didn't have any effect on my stay. They have very good security there. The beds were super comfortable, and I loved the shower. I found one particular staff member quite rude one day, apart from her everything else was fine. Guy who checked me in (don't know name, I Love Bondi shirt) was very friendly and went out of his way to help with city information. A definite place you should stay in Frankfurt.

Location was really good. As mentioned several times, the internet wasn't the best. However, the neccessary things like planning my trip I was eventually able to do. So if it's basic internet needs then you can put up with it. Lockers and security was great. The staff I found approachable, they were able to answer my questions. Apart from an off putting stain on the mattress, the bed was very comfortable and I had no problems with the bed or shower facilities in the rooms.

Thank you for the comment! It is nice to hear, that you had a nice stay in our hostel! Concerning the problem with the internet... We know that it's not working fast at everytime. This could be, because if a lot of guest are surfing at the same time, the internet-box have to split up the total speed to every user.. But we try to solve the problem, so that the internet is running high for every guest! We hope that you will visit us again ;) Nice greetings from Cologne!

Hostel Central Station

Belgrade, Serbia

I was in a twin private room with a friend. We both had a comfortable stay, very clean and perfect location. Was very easy to find our way to the airport.

YHA London Earls Court

Stay pretty much everytime I visit London. Usually use it as a stay over when flying to somewhere. Beds are comfortable and clean. If you're looking for a party, probably not the hostel for you. But suits my every need. Only thing still not sure about is the shower rooms, but still clean. For a hostel, I wouldn't pick faults for this place. Location is amazing!