Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Love this place, have stayed a few times. The receptionists are great, especially the guy who checked me in during the middle of the night. Breakfast is good, value for money, but it would be really nice if the lady who run it had manners, and actually listened when people were speaking, instead of ignoring us.. Great value for money, and a great district

• 29th May 2013

Katerina And John Hotel

Santorini, Greece

The lack of shower curtain did prove to be awkward and the door on the dorms isn't the best. But Katerina and John are so lovely, their son who has the bike shop is really nice too. The location is great and the bakery up the road is a must for breakfast, lunch or dinner..

• 27th May 2013

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

nice place, comfortable, homely, good location though being closer to the beach, it's further from the town. The restaurant that the owners have is quite good too. Love your pics Ladybird!

• 19th May 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

The staff were really nice and the rooms were spacious and the beds soooo comfortable. My only suggestion would be to clean the bathrooms of the rooms with ensuites a little better. Kitchen was well equipped and it was really awesome that we could drink our own drinks in the common area. The bar, i have to say was one of the worst hostel bars ever! The drinks just weren't value for money, selection was terrible and everything measured precisely in half shots.. buy your own :)

• 14th May 2013

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

I really liked this place. The wifi worked in the rooms in the buildings on the other side of the road. That was the only down side, that the rooms and reception weren't in the same building.. but at least they couldn't be closer. The girl who helped me with my last minute bus ticket, thank you so much!!

• 13th May 2013

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Stay here! well worth the extra. The bar is good, the breakky is good, the staff are awesome!!! I stayed in 3 other places in Munich, but I wouldnt hesitate to choose Wombats Munich again! Thank you!

• 10th May 2013

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

wasn't a hostel to meet people. the girl at reception was super helpful though. Just a suggestion, put a mirror in every room, because the girls bathrooms were chaos in the morning. And maybe put a shower head in the shared bathrooms, so you actually have showers instead of holes in the wall that spray water viciously. It might be an idea to select guests/rooms a little better. creepy old guy in the 14 bed dorm made me feel a little unsafe..

• 4th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Stay in the 6 bed ensuite! It has a tv, what a luxury aftyer backpacking for so long, to sit with a friend on a rainy evening and watch a movie. The staf were quite helpful, and the whole place was excellently clean, despite being booked out for the weekend. The only shame was that the kitchen was not in use, but that should have been repaired now. Its not the most central but a 30 min walk into the city centre. really close to the bus station though

• 3rd May 2013

Ideal Hostel Pension

Fethiye, Turkey

not bad for one nights stay. the staff didnt seem on the ball with the booking. I was checking in with some friends and there was a huge wait for the room..5 minutes turned into 50.. and the prices for my friends kept increasing, my room changed 3 times before i was finally taken to the room that i stayed in. The 3 bed only has room for 2 beds. take out that one right next to the bathroom door.. the guests head should not be directly at the feet of another guest... I would stay somewhere else

• 2nd May 2013

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff here were amazing, very friendly and helpful! The bar downstairs was really good, great service, even in the morning with so many people for breakfast. Only complaints..showers are quite awful. The shared showers is like a jet stream shooting at you and the ensuites don't always run efficiently, but well worth the extra for the ensuite. Also the internet on the paid computers is insanely slow, not worth paying for, go to a different internet cafe, it'll take 1/4 of the time

• 17th Apr 2013

Belford Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

bit of a hike into the main city, would be better for people travelling together. The rooms were really small, 6 beds where only 4 could fit comfortably which left zero floor space. would have been nice to be able to use the ladder that went up to the top bunk, but the other beds were too close together. Bit of a different concept though, thats cool, and the kitchen and bar area were great.

• 12th Apr 2013

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The young lady at the reception when I arrived from an early morning flight was wonderful!! The lock on the door of the room on the 3rd floor, closest to elevator, was horribly sticky. Wasn't too impressed with the room I was placed in as I was travelling alone and placed in a room with a group of men. Just something to consider next time.

• 10th Apr 2013

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The girl at reception was lovely and helpful! The bar was a little under-staffed during the football games but the guy with long hair who plays the guitar was amazing, excellent customer service! Girls, the mixed dorms seem to have better beds, and don't use the unisex showers, the girls bathroom block has a better shower.. Little far from the centre, but close to Alexanderplatz so it's still convenient

• 7th Apr 2013

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Shout out to the blonde girl at reception. She was very friendly and helpful to all my questions. Also the guitar player who works behind the bar wa excellent. Great customer service! preferred the beds in the mixed dorm. Girls, book in the mixed, they have the pod beds with curtains, lights and powerpoints for every bed!

• 5th Apr 2013

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

A nice hostel, with friendly, knowledgable staff! The breakfast is great, a little naughty but much better than most hostels. I'd definitely recommend it!

• 14th Mar 2013

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

A very lively hostel, even in the middle of Winter. The staff are always happy to help, and I have to give a big shout out to Luca and possibly the craziest scooter ride ever that saved the day :) Thanks for all the smiles guys!! :)

• 30th Jan 2013

David's Guest House

Prague, Czech Republic

We stayed in a studio and surely did not regret it. The bathroom was clean and the bed room as well. I liked the fact there was a door between the kitchen and the bedroom area. It was like a home away from home. The only suggestion for improvement would be to check the condition of cookware as there was only one pan that was extremely burnt. Possibly have a little bottle of oil in the kitchen and salt/pepper too. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing, it's fantastic!

• 18th Dec 2012

Cap Europe

Strasbourg, France

A pleasant surprise. We were only staying for one night but it was perfect. A short walk to the city centre or easy accessible by tram.

• 16th Dec 2012

Casa Nuestra

Florence, Italy

The information we received when we arrived was fantastic, it's a shame the reception is only open for a short time, yet almost all our questions over our stay were answered immediately. We found it a little far from the things we wanted to see, but the buses connected us to the rest of the city. We didn't see any other guests, so it's hard to rate the atmosphere but it sure has potential and is a nice building. Wasn't happy with the showers though.

Dear Sinead, thank you for taking time to rate us , although is the lowest rate we received ever, I think ! Our showers are super clean, with 24 hours hot water and there are two for 5 rooms, so normally you don't have to wait to use them!!! Why you weren't happy about them? 0_0

Student's Hostel della Ghiara

Reggio Emilia, Italy

This hostel is a fair way from the train station but once there was well located within the town. A couple of the suggestions from the staff were excellent, although I had a problem with the wifi and what appears to be an overly complicated system. The bathrooms could use some maintenance to be up to standard. I found the staff to be a little dismissive, although I realise it may have been a busy day with the event on.

• 9th Dec 2012

HI - Lagos Youth Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

You get what you pay for. It's cheap and it works. The building itself is a little old but everything was working. It would be nice to have some glasses in the kitchen. Just about everything in Lagos is walking distance anyway, so it doesn't take long to get there. The lady who checked me in was very friendly and let me up to the room early, maybe she could see I was exhausted. It's these little things that make a difference. Got great advice for where to go out from Josh. Thanks guys.

• 26th Aug 2012

Equity Point Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

Staying at this hostel is a workout for your legs! But totally worth it. The beds were so comfortable and great for a night, or morning to recharge your energy. The best hostel showers ever, clean and with actually pressure. The common room was always sociable and the terrace was a nice place to relax in the afternoon. The staff were so warm and welcoming, shout out to Diego and Pedro who were always cheery and chatty. Have stayed there twice and would go back again

• 23rd Aug 2012

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I know I said I wouldn't write a review, but there was a little gesture just as I was leaving that really made me smile. I had had a few things stolen from the room, it was Paddys day weekend and the rooms were full. I didn't have a lock for the baggage compartments. The issue was taken very seriously, and on my way out they said I could keep the adapter I was borrowing (mine was stolen) and also gave me a ticket for the airport bus I was racing to catch. Otherwise everything was really good.

• 16th Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

The adapter is easy to replace but the pair of worn shoes is baffling. I can only imagine that someone is sitting on a plane somewhere severely hungover looking at her feet and wondering where the brown shoes came from. Glad you had a good time regardless.

St Christopher's Village

Its ok for a party hostel. There is no lock-out which is great but I would have preferred if the 14 bed dorm I was in was a little better laid out. I had the middle bed of 3 that had been crammed into a space only suitable for 2, and hence had zero privacy and was sleeping in particularly close quarters with my roomies, who just so happened to be sick. The bathrooms were fairly clean, and I hope you like a hot shower, maybe a little too hot. This said the location is very convenient.

• 31st Dec 2011