Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

The Closest Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay here. Rick, the owner, is super nice and puts a lot of extra effort in making sure that his guests enjoy themselves in Seoul. This is not a party hostel or a large hostel, so if you’re looking for an experience to get crazy, don't bother. Staying here feels like a friend’s apartment. It’s perfect if you enjoy more privacy and plan on going out most of the day. To see a more detailed review on this place and some pictures, check out my blog at www.workleavebalance.com

We also had great time with you. It is a small hostel and we would love to share our everyday with guests. Thanks again for your great review! :-)

Red Carabao Community

Manila, Philippines

Love this guesthouse! Chilled out atmosphere and very communal, like hanging out at a friend’s place. It's in a residential area about 10 min to metro station, which is crowded but cheap, Old Downtown, produce market and Banaue buses. They put on a bunch of fun events like hookah and pub crawls. Road work was a little troublesome for walking, but you can take trikes around. Read my full review of this hostel, some photos and other survival tips for Manila on my blog www.workleavebalance.com

Guesthouse U-En

Osaka, Japan

Khaosan Kyoto Theater

Kyoto, Japan

This hostel was very awesome, one of the cleanest and best facilities that I have ever stayed at. The staff was also helpful and had lots of maps and recommendations ready to go for food. I loved that the beds had their own curtains and private cubes, the Japanese toilets were amazing, and the bathrooms were well stocked with toiletries. Also, there's a bar in the basement and a kitchen area where people socialize. I would definitely recommend staying here if you want a clean facility.

We really appreciate your great feedback!! We feel our effort rewarded!! We all hoping you to stay here again! See you soon :)

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

This place was pretty cool. The staff were really chill and friendly and made an effort to learn your name. Also, this place is much less of a party hostel compared to their sister hostel, Hostel One Prague. It's confusing, but I accidentally went to the wrong place at first, so when booking make sure you have the exact address and know how to get here. Otherwise, this place does a lot of events with their sister hostel such as pub crawls. Overall, I would stay here again when coming to Prague!

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Jetpak was awesome! The beds were the most comfortable that I have ever slept on at any hostel (they were foam mattresses)! The staff was amazing and helpful, and I loved that they made you free coffee in the mornings. The hostel isn't too close to most touristy sites downtown, but the neighborhood definitely makes up for it, as it's a popular hipster spot that people on the Alternative Berlin tours will take tour groups to. There's tons of cheap food and good bars in the area. Stay here!

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

The hostel staff here was amazing, as they were super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great, lots of selection. It was very homey and had a great atmosphere of people. My experience here was pretty good. I would stay here if you are looking for a nice experience. My only complaint was that it's a little further away from the tourist attractions and the train station, but honestly, Florence isn't that big of a city so it made a small difference of maybe 5-10 min more walking.

Fattoria del Bassetto

Florence, Italy

I stayed at this hostel because I wanted to explore the Tuscan countryside. This place was a seminary turned into a villa. It felt like an authentic experience. Also, the hostel set up a dinner with a local farmer. It was an amazing experience! Wine, pasta, vineyards, it was one of the best experiences I had in Italy. They also helped me with a Vespa rental, which made going around the countryside even more fun. This place is a no frills, simple place with lots of character, not a fancy hostel.

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

This place was awesome. Loved that they offered free breakfast and pasta/ wine for happy hour around 6:30 pm! The people that worked at the hostel were great and the location was definitely the best in the city compared to other hostels. It was within a 10-15 min walking distance to anything, and literally down the street from the Duomo. The rooms were really cool, and I loved we got free towels. This is not a party hostel, so it's a great, chill atmosphere and easy to sleep. Stay here!

thank you so much for good words about us!

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel was awesome, one of the best free breakfasts available. Also the employees were super nice and helpful and the hostel atmosphere was really nice. It's also conveniently close to the metro station, beach and Lapa neighborhood. The place is a good mix of social hostel without being too crazy of a party place. I would definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a good place in Rio!

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

This place was very awesome. I loved the atmosphere, the facilities, the staff, and the activities the hostel held. It was very social and easy to meet people. I loved that they had live bands at the bar. Also the beds were pretty comfortable and the rooms were really clean. I would recommend staying here if you need a cool place. Also if you stay at both Pariwana hostels in Lima and Cusco, you can get a free t-shirt!!

We stayed here after hiking Machu Picchu and the first thing we wanted to do was shower. There was barely any running water coming from the bathrooms and it was freezing water. We did this hike in the winter, so it was chilly. This was out biggest complaint. Otherwise, the beds were pretty comfortable, and although it was cold, we were given really thick blankets. The hostel wasn't super social either, as the common rooms are scattered throughout, so it made it hard to meet people.

This hostel was so awesome that we ended up staying here another time on our way through Lima. The atmosphere of this place is really cool. I loved the rooftop deck, as it made it really easy to socialize and meet other people. I also liked the organized group activities. I would definitely recommend staying here.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel was amazing, I've met some of the best people here and still stay in touch with all of them. I loved the feel of the rooms and the atmosphere, it felt like a submarine meets IKEA. I went in the winter and they provided free ice skates, so a bunch of us went ice skating at a nearby park for free. They also had this cool ice swimming, viking excursion. Very creative things. It was an extremely comfortable place, I would come back to this place the next time I am staying in Stockholm.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Had a great time at this hostel. It's very large and social, but not too much of a party hostel. It was also in a great location in Copenhagen. Made it really easy to get around to see all of the various sites. I would definitely stay here again in the future!

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel was great! I'd definitely recommend coming to Cheers. The free breakfast was amazing and delicious Turkish style, best out of any hostel I've ever been to. The staff was also great and friendly. They are very helpful and greeted us by name as we entered and left. I also loved that they had a roof top bar with a spectacular view of the Hagia Sophia. The hostel is in a great location, everything is within walking distance of all the major sites in Istanbul. I miss being there!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Loved this hostel! It was so unique and the facilities are great. Staff was super friendly and also offered organized tours around Bangkok. I loved how much character there was with the appearance of the hostel. Would definitely come back!

Patong Backpacker Hostel

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Hostel was in a great location, right by the beach and on New Year's Eve, they organized some fun games. However, I would consider staying elsewhere next time. The staff was friendly but had difficulty sometimes communicating with guests in English with very standard questions. Also the security of location was ok, it's in a very bustling area but a guest got mugged right outside of our hostel in the early morning while waiting for transport to the airport. It was noisy depending on your room.

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

This hostel was great, very clean and safe. The social space was the best part. Getting up in the morning and eating free breakfast plus socializing with all the guests. The staff was very professional and nice and accomodating. We arrived almost at 3 am because of a flight delay and Jackie still took the time to give us a tour, some water and answer our questions. Definitely would recommend this place and would come back again.