B Hotel & Hostel

New York, USA

Staff is very polite and friendly, but not very helpful. The first night I didn't have a blanket. Subsequent requests for a blanket resulted in the response "we will bring one to your room", but it never came. I caught a cold and had to sleep with my clothes on. Every morning I woke up to a smell that was akin to rotting dead animals (I suspect dead vermin in the air-conditioning system?). Complaints about this were met with the same friendly response, but it was not fixed, to my discontent.

• 25th Oct 2013

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Lengthy dorm beds, which is nice for tall people. Male support desk staff does not have a good vibe, they look like they don't want to work there and made a slightly rude impression because of that. Showers are clean. The free breakfast is a nice extra, but the quality isn't that good. Me and my friend got stomach problems after drinking the orange juice that tasted a little funny, and saw an employee eat from the buffet with bare (unclean?!) hands. The surroundings of the hostel are quite nice!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

Came back for another stay here after I visited another part of Korea, it felt like coming home! =) The owner Mia is so friendly!

• 3rd Apr 2012

Hello! Thank you for stay again here and hope to see you soon:) Mia

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

It felt like the staff is my best friend here! Also I really like the shower here, I've stayed in multiple guest houses in Hongdae area, this is the only one so far which provides unlimited hot water! Very clean place, good location (short walk to party area and subway, but just far enough to not be bothered my partying public at night). I can highly recommend it!

• 30th Mar 2012

Thank you so much your great review Jeroen ^^

Mixed feeling about this place. On one side the place is REALLY nice. Everything is clean, location is excellent, the common room is very nice. Downside was extremely rude night staff (which is playing computer games while talking to you) and very steep prices for lost towels (they charge you $7 while a dorm bed costs $6). To those who it may help: never hang your towel to dry if you don't want it to get "lost". Would like to stay again and would arrange everything with day staff which is good.

• 17th Mar 2012

This place advertises 12-bed dorms, but in fact it is a 36-bed room with curtains separating every 12 beds. You sleep with 35 other guests in the same room, which makes it hard to get some rest. The beds and lockers are noisy. The toilet is in the shower, the floor in there is wet and dirty and no shoes allowed inside, so you're guaranteed to have wet dirty trousers. Sheets are too small so you end up lying on the sweaty bed. Internet there is bad, it's not even Skype capable. Staff is friendly.

• 19th Feb 2012

hihi, tks for ur feedback, we would like to clarify that 1. it's a New concept to seperate by drapes for a comfy sensation instead of hard wall, and is already stated in hostel description. 2. toilet & shower to be seperated , believe is personal preference. 3. our bed sheet is DEFINATELY big enough to cover the entire mattress. 4. shoes not allowed is for higher level of Hygiene 5. we will never offer wet beds to our guest. 6. other guest have been smooth with skype 7. noise level - 12 person in a dorm , or regardless the number of guest, as long as it is a DORM, there will definately be noises. hope u understand the HOSTEL CULTURE as explained above and what you have sign up for is a hostel, not a hotel :)

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

This was the third time I stayed at Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki and I had a fantastic stay once more! The staff organised an Okonomiyaki food party, the food tasted so great! The central living room is a great place for making new friends to hang out with in Tokyo!

• 28th Nov 2011

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

This place feels like home! The staff and other travelers feel like a family when I stay here (actually I came back to this hostel after my first stay). The staff is also very helpful and thoughtful, I think they should be rewarded a medal for being so wonderful!

• 10th Nov 2011

Thank you very very very much for such a lovely comment ! We love the atmosphere when everybody knows each other and chat here and there! We hope you also had a fun at our Khaosan Hostel Bar! Also we have sooo many recommendations for exploring and restaurants as the staff are also travelers :D Hope you will come back for more exploring ! Dank u wel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Nov 2011