Atillas Getaway

Selcuk, Turkey

If you're going to Ephesus, don't look anywhere else but to stay at Atilla's. Yes it's 2.5km outside of selcuk, but they have a free regular shuttle that picks up in the heart of the city. The staff here is the highlight. They know everything about getting to and from selcuk, Izmir, and the greater southwest area of turkey. They are all also originally Australian so they communicate well and make traveling a hassle free experience. Also, you can hike to Ephesus from there along a beautiful trail

Cappadocia Yuksel Hotel

Goreme, Turkey

So the first thing my girlfriend found was that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. It had been replaced with a paper towel roll that had three sheets left on it... Nice. The shower was hot, but the shower head was broken. The roof deck is just a canvas tent and seems to be a place to hang laundry. The thing is, this place could be awesome with some attention to detail. The staff is great, I just wish it was a little bit better, there's no reason this place shouldn't be a go to spot.

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

This place is pretty cool, but it has more of a hotel vibe than a hostel vibe. Just depends on what you're looking for. It's fairly nice so if you're looking for a backpacker style place this is an okay option. If you're looking for a budget hotel this is your spot.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed in multiple places while visiting Istanbul, Cappadocia, and Izmir. This was easily a highlight. The front desk staff, particularly Yugi, is very helpful. The location is literally a five minute walk to the biggest sites, but most importantly the metro so you can get to anywhere in Istanbul safely and easily. Also, the roof deck is off the chain! All in all, I had a great time.

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here for one night only while stopping in Bangkok and had a great time there. Leo and the other staff are incredibly helpful, their Internet is blazingly fast, the location is perfect for accessing all of Bangkok, and the other people in the dorm became quick friends. Also, if you're flying to or from bangkok, it's only a five minute walk from the airport train which was hugely convenient.

I went in fearing that this would be a HUGE party 24/7. It's actually just a great place to meet a ton of other fun travellers. Highly recommended, especially if you are a young person travelling alone.

Cam Chau Homestay

Hoi An, Vietnam

This is not a hostel. If you are looking for a hostel, don't come here. HOWEVER, if you are looking for an experience different from anything you've experienced in Vietnam, you should absolutely book here. On my first night before heading to the bars in Hoi An, they family invited me down for beers, and even had me eat dinner with them. They practiced their english with me and I got to practice my Vietnamese with them. The room was spacious, and all of my stuff was secure.

Backpackers House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

If you are travelling to Hoi An and are tired of the same old hostel scene this is a good bet. I stayed with a family for one night. The room was enormous and although there was no air-con, the powerful fan kept me very cool. During the day the family let me use their bike for $1. When I returned home after a day in Hoi An, they even invited me down to the living room for some beer and some food. I also got a free lesson in Vietnamese and taught English to some of the family members.