• USA, Female, 25-30
Reykjavik Downtown Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
3rd Jul 2015

Soooo good. Extra clean, great location, cool hostel, very helpful staff. I have travelled a lot and this was one of the best.

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse, Hanoi, Vietnam
4th Jun 2013

Wonderful staff, they were super helpful and always smiling. Rooms were REALLY nice and very clean. Can get a taxi to Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum for $1.50 USD or it's a nice twenty minute walk. And there's a lake and night market a five minute walk away. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it

Aoi Garden Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand
29th May 2013

The staff helped us with anything we needed. Great garden area to hang out in with a bar and fans and just a really lovely atmosphere. AC rooms were cool, mattress was on the floor. Pretty clean though. I would stay here again for sure. Bathroom was clean as well.

Smile Society, Bangkok, Thailand
26th May 2013

A wonderful hostel. It's really close to the skytrain, which is definitely better than using tuk tuks and taxis in Bangkok because they try to scam you. The rooms are super clean. There's a fun common area to hang out in. The staff is super helpful too.. I highly recommend it!

Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand
16th May 2013

Cool hostel... My only complaints were the location, small toilet stalls, and no outlets in the bathroom. Otherwise I was in a six person room and it was really nice. Helpful staff, lotis of food places close by.

Mt Cook Lodge & Motels, Mt Cook, New Zealand
7.4
15th May 2013

The staff were super helpful but almost never were at the reception. They've basically taken a hotel and put bunk beds in it. Kitchen doesn't have an oven. They were hosting an elementary school trip when I was there so not really many other backpackers to talk to. If you need a place to stay this really is a good option, I would just try for the yha first.

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers, Queenstown, New Zealand
10th May 2013

I can't say enough good things about the staff. They put up with a lot of questions and let me use the phone about a thousand times. There seem to be a lot of people who came to NZ on work visas, mostly from the UK, at this hostel. The same people spent nearly all day in the common area watching movie after movie which was a little weird. I'm a germaphobe and I thought everything was very clean. Wifi doesn't work great.

YHA Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand
8th May 2013

I've stayed in several hostels all over new Zealand and South America and this is the best so far by a long shot. Not a party hostel but I met tons of really great people from all over. I'm a germaphobe and it was spotlessly clean. The staff was super helpful and set up tours and shuttles so I could see both glaciers in one day. Also I forgot to book my second night and they just let me book it and pay at my convenience. Overall it was so wonderful and I felt right at home.