Caloundra City Backpackers

Caloundra, Australia

A good, value for money place to stay on the sunshine coast. Within easy walking distance of the main shops and King's Beach. Could be a bit cleaner, but highly recommended if you want a cheap place to stay as a base to explore the sunshine coast

Adelaide Central YHA

Adelaide, Australia

A bit pricier compared to other accommodation, but still good value. Great location right in the middle of the city and not far from the central market. Perfect if you don't have a car as everything is within walking distance, but if you do parking is available, but costs $10 per day. Would stay there again if I was doing things in the city.

Hotel Postiljon

Antwerp, Belgium

A really nice hotel (not hostel) in a nice part of town. The location is fantastic, right opposite the Cathedral and right in the middle of all the action. This place was a great find and excellent value for money. I didn't take the breakfast option (11 Euro extra per day), but was able to find breakfast nearby. Staff are very friendly and speak English. Be aware that the Cathedral bells go all day and Friday and Saturday nights can very noisy as there are a few clubs up near the Grote Markt.

Glenelg Beach Hostel

Adelaide, Australia

This is the second time I've stayed here and I enjoyed it as much as the first time. The location is fantastic! All day parking can be found a few streets away. The basement bar with cheap drinks in happy hour (5-7pm) is fantastic, $4 bourbons! No complaints at all from me, Glenelg is a fantastic place to stay and I'll definatelyt be back in summer!

HI - Sacramento

Sacramento, USA

I stayed for for 3 nights just after Easter and it was really quiet. This is a nice, good value hostel located right in the centre of town. The mansion is a fantastic place to stay, thye kitchen is recently updated and very clean. My room was quiet small, but as it was just me, I didn't mind. My only criticism would be the breakfast, it's hardly 'continental', however it was nice to have some free food in the morning. There are supermarkets nearby and food isn't that expensive.

AAE Portland Downtown

Portland, USA

This is actually a motel, not a hostel, but is still great value for money. The location is fantasitc, right next to Portland State University. Someone is at the desk all night, but they didn't check ID or keys (hence why I ranked it lower for security), it might've just been because it was a quiet week, in busier times, they may be more strict. The room was huge and clean and had a fridge and microwave. I loved my time in Portland and would stay here again!

Grant Plaza Hotel

San Francisco, USA

This was the first time I've booked a HOTEL rather than a HOSTEL through hostelworld. It was a nice change. This is a small, quiet hotel located right in heart of Chinatown. It's a bit of a hike up the hill from the BART station. The room was a bit small and spartian, but the bed was very comfortable! The room was an inside facing room, so was somewhat cold. Not sure if they had centralised heating, there was a heater in my room, but I'm not sure if it was working. A nice place to stay.

Ocean Beach Backpackers

Perth, Australia

This is the noisest hostel I have stayed in. Officially it's a no alcohol hostel, but on the night I arrived (a Saturday) people were outside int he courtyard all night and didn't go to bed until it was light, I'm pretty sure they weren't drinking soft drink. There is a pub next door, so it's possible they were drinking there. Most of the people there live there and have little consideration of others. All the other nights I stayed there were fine, so hopefully those people were thrown out.

This place was really good value for money, in a excellent location, just up the road from the Coogee shops and the beach! The hostel was very clean and quiet, there weren't many people there when I was there. You have to hire cutlery, but this meant the kitchen was clean. Kitchen is a little under equppied, but was very clean. Food storage shelves had spaces for each room which was a really good idea. Not a party hostel at all, I had a private room with my own fridge. A great holiday!

The Pickled Frog

Hobart, Australia

Good value hostel. Is a bit noiser than other similar places I have stayed in. Staff are very friendly and their dog (Baloo) is sooo cute! My only criticism is it could be a little cleaner, particualrly the kitchen on the weekends, it could do with a makeover, however it's not unmanagable. Good location, just around the corner from the city, all Hobart's main attractions and shopping are within walking distance. At the moment, they only offer you one hour of wifi a day which is a bit weird.

Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

I was pleseantly surprised. This is a fantastic hostel, although I had some doubts about the location, it was a lot quieter than I thought (though I wasnt there over a weekend. It is a long way from most of the major LA attractions though, be warned it takes at least an hour to get downtown or to Hollywood form Venice. If that doesn't bother you, then this hostel is great value for money!

Thanks lovey. LA is a very spread out area that is so true :) Very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we surpassed your expications. That makes me sooooo very happy!! Hope to see you again in the future. xoxo Kerry

Bondi Beachouse YHA

Sydney, Australia

Nice hostel within walking distance to the beach. Takes a while to get to the city, but good for access to the beach. One interesting thing is they make you rent your cutlery, I guess they got sick of loosing it. Everything else was good. Nice large lounge/dinig room. Friendly atmosphere, not too noisy, great rooftop views.

Coogee Beach House

Sydney, Australia

This hostel is a hidden gem! It's just around the corner from Coogee beach and there are very frequent buses to the city, running at least evey 5 mintues during the day. It's a small hostel and alcohol is not permitted, which surprised me, but meant that it was quieter than other hostels I've been in. The kitchen is a bit small, but more than adaquate.There are los of good shops nearby. I would recomend this hostel as a cheap and slightly quieter alternative for your trip to Sydney.