Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 27

This place was amazing, I actually felt like I was renting a flat with a bunch of friends. The welcome was great, and it's a wonderful place to meet other travellers. Within walking distance from pretty much everywhere. Definitely staying there again if I'm ever back in Edinburgh

Willy Wallace Hostel

Stirling, Scotland

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Huge hostel, with many lounges and 2 kitchens, I think. The location was great, I actually had a view of Edinburgh Castle from my window. However, it was probably too big for my taste, and I found VERY annoying that they had to let you in every time. This is meant as an extra security measure, I imagine, but they really never check your card. If you are looking for a party hostel though, this is the place.

Pitlochry Backpackers

Pitlochry, Scotland

Very chill place, cool lounge, clean hostel. It was a nice break from all the big cities.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

This is pretty much a hotel. It was clean, and the facilities were alright, although the kitchen did get quite dirty at times. If you are looking to meet people, this is not the place. I don't think anything about the place was horrible, but I will not stay there again.

Safestay York

York, England

Loved the fact that the hostel is in a historic house, and the fact that you know what the rooms were used for. Quite clean, excellent free breakfast (they had fresh fruits, yay!). The security was ok, but pretty much all the lockers in our dorm were broken (I would say probably only 3 out of 10 were ok). Kitchen a little small. I would stay there again.

YHA Salisbury

Salisbury, England

Even though the place looks really old, the atmosphere is great. The guy at the reception was truly amazing. And the hostel is surrounded by trees, which gives it extra charm.

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

Location is very convenient, close to both the train station and the main attractions. Did not stay there long, but it looked quite clean. Lounge is very small though. But I would recommend this hostel.

Astor Hyde Park

Overall great stay at this hostel. The girl at the reception was very helpful, well equiped kitchen, nice lounge and super clean (i swear every time i was there i saw someone cleaning). Location is very good. Definitely recommend!

The rooms were clean, and mine had a view on the basilica, which was nice. No lockers un the room, but there is a card access to the room area. Don't expect a kitchen... Overall quite expensive, but it is Paris.

Base Rotorua

Rotorua, New Zealand

The room was ok, but the kitchen was disgusting and way too small for the number of people. Good points for the swimming pool and hot tub.