Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 23

Flying Pig Beach Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
28th Jun 2014

Loved it here! The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great, and the atmosphere downstairs was really relaxed and fun. The shuttle was also really convenient and easy to use which was really awesome. The staff were super friendly too. I wish I could have spent more time just hanging out at the hostel, but I was too busy. Would definitely stay here again.

Le Penguin Hostel, Faro, Portugal
9th Jun 2014

The staff at this hostel are absolutely amazing! They are so kind and helpful. When my flight was delayed they were so accommodating about a late check in at 5am. The place was very clean and the free towels and breakfast were a great bonus. It had a very fun and happy atmosphere. However, it was fairly noisy with all the party-ers and the security wasn't amazing as the rooms don't have locks. We had a random drunk guy come in our room at 3am. Besides that it was great! Would stay here again.

We are sorry to hear for the first time about your incident. You should have reported it immediately. As we have big lockers in the rooms, your belongings can be kept safe. We are a small hostel and we keep people at the reception 24 hours (people that checked you in at 5!), but we will improve our security by making sure that guests are not getting into the wrong room. And maybe if you've joined our little barbecue with all the other guests our early party wouldn't have bothered you so much :)

Hotel Genzianella, Florence, Italy
8th Mar 2014

I loved this hotel! The man who runs it is such a character and so funny. It a quaint little hotel, but it is really close to everything and you get a lot for what you pay for. My friends and I came here after couch surfing for a few weeks and it felt like heaven!! The rooms were clean, the manager was friendly and very accommodating to our requests. If you're travelling on a budget I highly recommend this place! Would love to stay here again.

The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt, Zermatt, Switzerland
8.0
2nd Mar 2014

I was worried coming here after reading reviews, but I loved it!! The staff were very friendly and funny. If you want a 5 star experience then this isn't for you, but it felt so authentic. A little ski lodge in the Alps. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was more than enough for me. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
My Bed BCN, Barcelona, Spain
2.6
27th Dec 2013

I'm a laid back person and I can put up with a lot of things. Bathroom a little dirty? No problem. Noise from the street and other people? Doesn't bother me. However, this hostel was the worst experience of my life. People are actually living there permanently. I found an old joint in the bathroom. I was there in December and it was cold and they actually took my blanket because they told me there wasn't enough. And my keycard stopped working so I had to break into my room cuz the staff was MIA

• Canada, Female, 18-24
Max Hostel, Bonn, Germany
6.9
31st Aug 2013

This hostel was ok. Not the best not the worst. The security was very good and it was close to the city centre; however, if you arrive in Bonn outside of check in time it's a huge pain in the butt (I had to wait four hours after a 20 hours of flying). Also the wifi sucks and the showers are usually cold. The staff was friendly though and the rooms were clean.

SameSun Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
18th Jun 2013

The perfect location! Right downtown and close to everything. The breakfast was amazing, everything was very clean, and the lockers in the rooms were the biggest I've ever seen. Don't forget to bring your own lock though because otherwise you have to buy one. The towels were free though. I had a lovely time. Only comment is that the staff was not super friendly.