The Lounge, Koh Samui, Thailand
17th Jun 2013

Fantastic place to meet people. One night, 25 of us went out to Chaweng, and 10 of us went to Koh Phangan after meeting each other at The Lounge. Only constructive criticism is that the bathrooms could be in better shape.

Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel, Koh Phangan, Thailand
14th Jun 2013

Dang, 40 people in one dorm. My friends were a bit misled not realizing that they'd have to share a double bed (19 bed dorm = 40 people), but as a solo traveler, this place was good for me. Easy to meet people, and throws good preparties for half moon/full moon parties.

Baan Smile Hostel, Koh Samui, Thailand
8.0
11th Jun 2013

New place, so when I was there, the hostel was quite empty - with time I think this place will do really well though, as the facilities are quite nice and the staff is so friendly.

Bun Kao Guest House, Siem Reap, Cambodia
7.4
1st Jun 2013

We were looking for somewhere cheap and quiet, not on Pub street, so Bun Kao served our purposes quite well - that said, it is easily walkable to pub street (1km or so), and the old guy here is great to chat with. free cold water is such a nice perk when you're spending days in five million degree weather at Angkor Wat.

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7.7
26th May 2013

A solid choice for staying in PP. In a very nice neighborhood, but quite a distance from the Riverside. Easy to meet people, and the bar is a good hangout place.

Long Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
20th May 2013

Mrs. Long is the best. Stay here while you're in HCMC. And that's all I have to say about that.

MNL Boutique Hostel, Manila, Philippines
6th May 2013

Blown away by this place. It's huge, and always populated by travelers, both Filipino and foreign. Everything is in great shape, the staff is friendly, extremely clean, safe from the wildness that is Manila, and generally just a really nice place to stay.

JLC Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
7.7
5th May 2013

Didn't get aircon in our room as promised. only 2 outlets in the room, one occupied by fan and the other by emergency light you aren't supposed to disconnect...so 0 outlets unless you break the rules. Otherwise, bathrooms and showers in good shape, and a clean hostel. Good for a stopover en route from El Nido to PPS airport.

Prague's Heaven, Prague, Czech Republic
30th Nov 2012

Loved the "small presents" in the morning. The staff couldn't have been sweeter. Ana is just wonderful! Location was good for me, as I was attending an event at the nearby Corinthia Towers, but if you're here to see the city, note that you're a bit out of town. Place is kept very clean, with lots of security and privacy. The deck is nice. I'd recommend this place for a traveler needing a few days off and some chill alone time. Definitely not a place to meet lots of people and go crazy.

The MadHouse Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
30th Nov 2012

This place is just a great idea in every possible way. Everyone who works here is great, and the place is kept very clean. I think it's great that the hostel organizes some sort of nightlife trip every single day, great for someone like me who was there during the week. And so much beer pong! The only constructive feedback I have: downstairs showers should be accessible before 9AM, especially when the one in our dorm was broken. Other than that, this place rules. Hope I will return one day! :)

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Siam Journey Guesthouse, Bangkok, Thailand
18th Nov 2011

We only planned to stay for one night - ended up staying for a week. Leo, Nate, & Mai went out of their way to show us around + help us plan. We definitely got a feel for what it is like to live in Bangkok. The location near the Airport Link + BTS is super convenient for getting around town, which really made experiencing the city a breeze. But if you're looking for a Khaosan Road touristy experience, I don't think you'll appreciate all that Siam Journey has to offer. I'll be back - thanks guys!