Bunc@Radius Little India

Singapore, Singapore

The hostel was beautiful and clean. The staff seemed a little unfriendly however. Check in time was unfortunately 3pm and did not say that on the booking website. I book hostels for flexible check in times, my very highly used train arrived at 7am. I felt a hostel should be flexible around train arrival times since there are only 2 a day.

Hi Miranda Thank you for leaving us a review.We apologise for any misunderstanding caused but we do allow early check ins if the beds you have booked and allocated to are cleaned or not occupied the previous night.We totally understand the odd timings for not only trains but planes as well, after a long ride or flight we just need to catch some sleep, but unfortunately we were quite full the previous night when you checked in.. hope you would understand our predicament..

Matahari Lodge

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The hostel was reccomended by a friend, and we loved it. The staff is welcoming and friendly, and we will stay there again if we go back to Kuala Lumpur

• 23rd Sep 2013

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

The hostel was in a fantastic location in Georgetown. Lots to see in the area and easy access to a lot of busses. However, my bedsheet felt sandy, and I think I had bedbugs. The floors in the room were dirty, but they kept the kitchen, bathrooms, and hallways clean, I saw them mop in the morning. Some of the staff were friendly but one was down right rude.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

The hostel made my trip to Jakarta worth going to. I planned WAY too much time in that city, but the hostel was so much fun, with the people, the reccommendations, and the help they gave. I would definetely reccommend it to people

Mango53 Inn

Taipei, Taiwan

The location was good because it was near a subway, a well known temple, and a really big night market. However, a Taxi driver informed us that it was considered the "Red Light District." although I saw no evidence other than a spa with very scantily clad employees. Also this is the first hostel I have stayed in that didn't even offer toels to rent or buy. Most hostels provide towels for private rooms.And it was also a little hard to find a restaurant.

• 6th Sep 2013

Thanks to your positive review and constructive comment. However, we do offer towels for hire at merely TWD$30. We are sorry about this misunderstanding during your stay.

I LOVED this hostel!!!! The rooms and bathrooms were clean, he staff was 24/7 and were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very welcoming and people of all ages seemed comfortable there. The in house restaurant was affordable and served western and Chinese food, and even had a bar.The had many options for tours that I hadn't even heard of.

The hostel was in an EXCELLANT location. Lots to see, do and walk to. The food in both restaurants was tasty and although a little overpriced as a hostel resident, you got a discount. However, the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. The bathrooms smelled like sewer(common in older buildings) but looked clean. My roommate killed a very big cockroach.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You see we must go cazy that moment, haha, kidding. To be seriously, we will definitely improve.

The Hostel was charming and very well located. The owner speaks decent English and was friendly and helpful, but the other staff doesn't and didn't seem interested in being helpful. Unfortunately no one answered my emails before I got to the hostel, but everything turned out fine. The breakfast was good and my room was clean. You can rent bicycles and book drivers.

JGH Tokyo

Tokyo, Japan

For the PRICE...this was a great place to stay. If you can handle the small space the charm of this little old hostel was great. There was an American working there to answer all your questions at the time I was there, and Mieko who runs it speaks decent English as well. Hard to find something to do at night around the hostel- although there was a great tiny Scottish Pub right outside the west exit of the station.