Ankara Han Hostel

Ankara, Turkey

Spotlessly clean and in a good location. I arrived at 4am, after a hectic day of traveling, and Saied was dutifully there to welcome me at such an hour. The staff at Ankara Han Hostel went out of their way to help me find my way in the city, and I had some really great conversations with them. Thank you for such a nice, if not short, stay!! Though Ankara is not Istanbul, if you end up coming to Turkey's capital, this is the place to stay.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The staff here were extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel has fans, but no AC, so it got pretty warm at times but cooled off substantially at night so everyone slept well. They were doing construction on the street outside, so we lost power for several hours and lost our running water for about an hour, but the staff were quick to light our way with candles and to ensure that we wouldn't have to wait long for facilities to work again. The location is EXCELLENT. And breakfast is great!

Leonardo House

Florence, Italy

Leonardo's House is a wonderful place to stay, especially if you want to be within walking distance to EVERYTHING. Leonardo himself is a sweet guy, and will help you out with restaurant recommendations (we followed up on these, and they were fantastic), advice, and anything you need. Our room was cozy and we even had our own couch! Small, quiet, but reminiscent of a personal apartment, I felt like I had my own "Room with a View" (though, in truth, we didn't have much of a view) in Florence!

• 2nd Jan 2012

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The most comfortable beds I've had so far in a hostel, and staff were business-like and helpful. Only complaint was that the restaurant staff walked through our room to and smoked outside with the door open (since it locked once it was shut) so the cigarette smoke entered our room.

• 24th Dec 2011

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Wish we had wifi in the rooms! But one of the cleanest hostels I've been to, even in a room with five guys!