Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

Wasn't too impressed when I was told we had to move rooms at 10 am and when I asked for an hour to get our stuff together was told no. I understand it was their poor booking system which caused the problem so would suggest they change the system. Also, teach the staff that it is more important to keep customers happy than clean the rooms as quickly as possible. The receptionist with the short brown hair was awful, the cleaner was excellent and got our new room ready quickly.

• 15th Jan 2014

Thank you for rating our hostel. Hostelworld make bookings on our behalf and sometimes when a twin bunk room isn't available on the 2nd night it will automatically give you the option to book a twin single, distinguishable by the slightly higher price. We understand that it can be frustrating. The reason we have a 10am check out is so we can clean the rooms for incoming guests but in these situations we endevour to liaise with cleaning staff to get the new room ready asap.

Criterion Art Deco Backpackers

Napier, New Zealand

Very nice hostel in a good location. I'd highly recommend.

• 29th Dec 2013

Bells Beach Backpackers

Torquay, Australia

Misleading name - too far from Bell's Beach for people without a car. Laundry facility should be open for longer hours. Unfriendly staff, Keeping the reception window closed until you knock and then closing it on you as soon as they have answered your question. Got the feeling I was unwelcome and taking up their valuable time.

• 27th Dec 2012

Lanta Riviera Resort

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Very nice place to stay. Very clean with big rooms, a nice bar and good location on the beach.