The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

It was good to stay for one night. Not far from the museums and a short walk to the centre of the city. Room was a bit messy though but you can't choose who you share a room with I guess!

• 30th Mar 2013

Cable Beach Backpackers

Broome, Australia

I've got mixed feelings about th hostel. First impression was awful, the receptionist was rude and forgot to pick me up from the Greyhound drop-off so I had to wait 90 mins to be picked up. They moved me to a different room because the room I was supposed to be in was really messy and smelly. Showers looked like they'd never been cleaned. The manager was lovely though and moved me to a nicer room again, free breakfast was ok..the pool was nice to cool off in.

• 28th Mar 2013

Kimberley Croc Backpackers

Kununurra, Australia

I enjoyed my stay! The facilities were nice and they upgraded me to a female dorm so I was pretty happy! Staff were friendly and helpful about what to do in the area.

• 23rd Mar 2013

Melaleuca On Mitchell

Darwin, Australia

It's a nice hostel in the middle of the city. I only stayed one night so didn't use many of the facilities. Staff were helpful when they had time for you as it was quite busy. I stayed on the girls floor and there was only one bathroom on the other end of the floor which was a bit dirty. The only bad thing was that one of the girls in my room turned off the aircon at night so the floor was soaking in the morning and my bag was wet. Oh, and the plastic mattresses weren't great.

• 19th Mar 2013

Byron Beach Resort

Byron Bay, Australia

I loved that the hostel was right across the road from the beach. It's quite far to walk back to after a night in town though. Hostel was pretty nice and relaxing. Staff were friend;y enough.

• 17th Jan 2013

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

Really cool hostel, staff were really friendly and always willing to give advice! The pool was good to cool down and the facilities were pretty clean. I'd stay there again if I'm ever back in Alice!

• 18th Oct 2012

Melbourne Central YHA

Melbourne, Australia

Good location - really close to Southern Cross station and the Skybus terminal. Staff were friendly, room and bathrooms were always clean. The only downside was they said check in was at 12, i arrived at 12:30 and had to wait another half hour for the room to be ready.