• 8th Sep 2013

La Pescheria Backpackers

Venice, Italy

Its in the centre of Venice and its one of the cheaper hostels with a functioning kitchen! I stayed in a 4 bed room alone which was very worth it.

• 30th Aug 2013

Hotel Pensione Ottaviani

Florence, Italy

the bespectacled reception lady & the cleaner lady were both sweet and helpful. Though the beared guy doing the night shift can be a bit impatient & grumpy. I requested for my laptop from the office one night, and he told me to give him sometime as he was on Skype with his children. So okay I can understand that so I waited for 10 minutes and he was still asking for more time. I felt he could have easily went into the office, return me my laptop and go on with his business. Overall good place.

• 24th Aug 2013

Romangelo II

Rome, Italy

The staff there were very helpful. The male staff from philipines was very friendly and humorous. The staff kept the place clean midday and prepared breakfast every morning. the location is great if you have an early morning flight or train to catch, Termini is just 5 minutes away! I would go back this hostel again if ever I go back to Rome.

• 20th Aug 2013

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

the old shophouse atmosphere was still intact despite it being renovated and refurbished with modern furniture. This essence should be kept when changing the interior. I have seen some shophouse hotels that ended up being a dingy, commercialised, mix-&-match kind of place. To put it bluntly they looked like cheap places that tried to squeeze as many rooms as possible and the materials used in the renovation was so out of place.

• 5th Dec 2011