Universal Traveller's Lodge Hostel

Bariloche, Argentina

There were a few volunteers working for the hostel while I was there and everyone was super nice and helpful. The owner is also really sociable and hospitable. when I told him that I had a problem with my bed, he immediately fixed the problem. The hostel seemed more like staying at a friends house than a hostel so it definitely had a relaxing atmosphere.

Lo De Trivi

El Chalten, Argentina

I had a great time here(3 nights). The atmosphere in the kitchen/common area was really good and made it fairly easy to strike up a conversation with the people around me. The staff were constantly cleaning and were on top of everything at the hostel. Although the hostel is on the opposite side of town from the bus station, the location is still very good because it is located near Laguna de los Tres and Laguna Torre tracks.

Te Anau Lakefront Backpackers

Te Anau, New Zealand

We stayed in the private room that had a common area shared by two other rooms. Because the other rooms were empty, it was like getting an apartment for ourselves. It was very clean and the kitchen in the common area had everything we needed for cooking our dinner.

Great value for the money. I wasn't sure what to expect as the rooms were 1000yen/night. But it ended up being a lot better than I thought. 3-4 beds per room and a shower in each room. The beds were a bit stiff, but again, its only 1000yen.... The staff was really nice and helpful. They were all very down to earth and enjoyed talking to the guests. The location of the guesthouse was fairly close to everything you wanted in Naha city(monorail station, food, beach, shopping, etc)

This place is the bomb. This is the only guesthouse that I've been to where I literally felt like I was relaxing at home or at my friend's house. The owner of the hostel, Hiroshi, was really chill and really went out of his way to make my experience in Himeji more memorable. He even offered to take me around the city in his car and took me to the fish cake factory up in the mountains. At night, he even set up an okonomiyaki party with the other guests. I definitely recommend this place!!

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

I was blown away by this place. This is a place that could easily be priced a lot higher than it is. The place has its own hot bath that is open the entire night. Next to your bed, they even provide you with the Japanese yukata and a bunch of other things you might get at a Japanese style ryokan that you have to pay at least 5x more for a room. The staff was really nice and very helpful when it came to recommending places to go/eat. The location is really close to the Nagoya castle too!