Reviews: eddyman00

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 21

Charlie Rockets

Bruges, Belgium

Had to get money at cash machine to pay, spoke to me in grunts. Not helpful at all and when I was handing in piece of paper to get keys snide comments like "remember your number" Ok, don't have a system where we have to hand key in then. Charging for pool table huge cost and massive fine if you make a scratch on it. No kitchen but no breakfast unless you pay. Huge cost for drinks so paying for overheads twice, through hostel and then the pint. Brugge is an expensive waste. Gd walking tour though

• 16th Aug 2013

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location 30 mins walk from Centre or you could do what the city does... get on your bike. Great atmosphere in are little group in the room. No brekfast included and wifi was sketchy alot of the time. . There was a big issue where the police had to remove someone/get his money back depending on who you believed but staff to us were decent. The city is expensive in general and this is reflected in the police. Visit outside of peak season is my advice about the city and the hotel/hostel.

• 14th Aug 2013

Pegasus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Mixed bag. Good on intro. Cheap £10 but still good showers, clean room. Quiet area location was fine as we had inter-rail so free overground. Without that, it may be more cost effective to stay in city centre. Wifi was awful downstairs and not possible upstairs. When my companion queried he got a very rude, take it or leave it response. So marked down for that. Atmosphere good with cheap drinks available and table footy. Discount on a nightclub we went to. My percentage rating would be 65-70%.

• 11th Aug 2013

Pilgrim Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Was in the "wrong" part of town... apparently. Five minute walk to metro with a huge shopping area next to it. Metro is £3 for 24 hours. We had no problems at all. We got there, offered a shot of rum. Wonderfully friendly service. We ended up having a shower, kitchen, sitting room and 6 bed room all to ourselves. For £7 night. Top wifi. Free breakfast which was good standard. Maps, free offers. Part of me wants not to tell you how good it was so when I go back it will still be cheap. Brilliant.

Labyrinth Hostel Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Great hostel. Russian lady who served us pointed out all the best spots and places that were happening. Was incredibly helpful at the start. Let us leave bags on last day. Hostel itself we stayed in big dorm and small room. Wifi and p.c in both good. Kitchen in both. Tight space so not a party place, more to sleep but still sociable. Good value for money. Only thing was when we left valuable in reception locker we couldn't lock it and she didn't lock it either. But I recommend the place.

Labyrinth Hostel Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Already made a review for same place. In short, worth cost. Go when an event is on in Vienna. Worth it and great staff.

Hostel California

Milan, Italy

. On my online bill it's says the total cost is 44 euros and to pay on the day 40 euros. (2 of us for 3 nights) My bill on the day was 67 euros. There is a "compulsory" linen charge buried in the small print of 1.5 euro a night, plus a city tax. If you have to pay it why isn't it included in the bill? Bluntly: They screw you over to help themselves. Awful broke shower. No air con. Rude service. Charged us to leave our bags 5 euro as we weren't a customer for a couple more hours. NEVER go here.

Hostel was fantastic. All staff were wonderfully helpful and great at the bar, cheap drinks when we were there. Good facilities. The bus service is fantastic, decent breakfast. A really well run and enjoyable place to stay.