True Friends Inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I really enjoyed my stay at true friends. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. It's not a party hotel but they do sell beer for a paltry 10000 dong and you can easily meet people to go party at the numerous bars close by. I highly recommend you stay here.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

I had a private room which was very nice and good value. The staff is great and will help you book tours, bus tickets, etc. It is more hotel like than hostel but that is true at most places in Vietnam. There is a commen area but it's not as cozy as a traditional hostel. My only complaint is that the wifi didn't work in my room. I asked about that and they said they've been working on it for months. There are routers on every floor, they just don't work.

Laos Haven Hotel

Vang Vieng, Laos

Good place, staff is very friendly and helpfully. Breakfast is very good by Southeast Asia standards but still not a proper western breakfast. My private room was very nice, clean and had everything I needed. The Internet had some problems but I think that was town wide. Not the best place for solo travelers, no real commen areas except the restaurant.

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

So overrated. It's fun because lots of young people stay here and there is one terrace everyone hangs out on. Beyond that I don't see why the high ratings. They do not give you adequate blankets, everyone was complaining that it was too cold at night and they had to wear coats etc. the staff have no posted hours and sometimes close really early. One night there were at least 20 of us drinking on the terrace and I went down to get beer at 7 and they were already closed. WTF.

We do have extras blankets for everyone,somebody is fine with that but if you ask for and extra blanket , we sure have enough for you. We only have few staff working here, sometime just only one because the others go home. so we have to close the office at 7pm for dinner time and then come back again by 8pm working hour is 8Am - 9pm. Also we have extra cooler outside the reception that you can put your own drinks inside, you just need to buy from us and keep them there.

Dozy House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice place in a good location, walking distance to most of the temples in the old city. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is not a party hostel but it is easy enough to meet people there and go party in the city. I would definitely go back.

Udee Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Some people complain about the location but it's Bangkok, wherever you are your going to be far from most things. It's a big city. If you want to walk out your hostel door and be surrounded by drunk tourists then by all means stay on Khosan Road but for me Udee was great. Very nice and helpful staff. Good commen areas to meet people. Staff stay up all night so you can come and go as you please and they offer beer and snacks for reasonable prices. I stayed in my own private room which was g

First of all, I would not recommend staying in Naha anymore than necessary. Just a big overdeveloped city with not Much to do. The hostel was ok, the staff was helpful and it has all the basics that a traveller would need. The beds are very uncomfortable and the room was very hot at night. The facilities are a little worn down but for the price that is understandable. I think it would be okay to book here for the night, but if I were to stay in Naha for several days I'd book somewhere nicer.

I loved K's house, very nice modern facilities and great staff. The one thing I didn't like was there was no beer vending machine like very other hostel I've stayed at in Japan. Instead they have the zen cafe which was nice but pricey for hostel standards. Also the all you can eat breakfast at the zen cafe for 680 yen is terrible and a huge rip off. Still a very nice place and you can always go to the local convenience store for cheap beer, it's just annoying that it is not there.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel. Everything about this place is great. 200 yen beers. clean comfortable human lockers. You can lock up your dorm bed which has its own electric sockets. That way you can charge your expensive stuff while your out and not worry about theft. The staff is very friendly and have been known to have a drink with you after their shift.

Backpackers Fuji

Narita City, Japan

This is a good place to stay for a night heading into or out of Narita Airport which is what I did. It is very small with not many guest so I don't think it would that fun to stay for an extended period of time. That being said the staff is nice and the facilities are okay. Narita seems like a pretty cool place but I was only passing through.

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

Great place. The only thing that could be improved is the use of the common areas especially the courtyard. Add some more table and maybe some plants to make it more comfortable to hang out. Everything else was great.