Reviews: baz814

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

This is definitely a hotel. It was nice to stay in a clean classy facility after staying in so many hostels. I would definitely recommend and stay there again. We lucked out and had some really lovely roommates as well. Only complaint is that the breakfast is too expensive for what you get. I have stayed in many places and received the same thing for free.

Cheers! Thank you for rating us :-) For breakfast you get delicous food options and it is an all-you-can-eat-buffet every day :-) Hope we see us again - or in Amsterdam, Vienna, Munich... Your M-Team

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

I had a nice time at Wombats and would stay there again. I wish breakfast was included.

Equity Point London

I had a nice stay at Equity Point. It's in a nice area, not the most central, but near a couple metro stops and right next to Hyde Park & Notting Hill. The rooms, lockers, beds and bathrooms were fantastic - best night sleep while traveling! Breakfast was also nice - more than your average hostel breakfast. Biggest complaint: NO FREE WIFI!... which even the most basic hostels have these days... However, for 3£ you will have internet everywhere. Overall nice place - I would stay there again.

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

This is the first 100 I have ever given a hostel. I would definitely recommend Budget Backpackers and sincerely hope I have the chance to come back. They have a great location, friendly staff and amazing atmosphere. Although breakfast isn't included, you can purchase an inexpensive meal, which is far better that whats provided at most other hostels. Check out their tour and pub crawl and they also have a cheap lunches and dinners for those on a tight budget. Check it out! Cheers!

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I would definitely recommend Abigail's for their location - It was nice being so close to Temple Bar. It is a "super hostel" with a ton of people, so not for those who are wanting a more intimate/small hostel experience - although it's fine if you're only going to sleep there. Breakfast is simple and plenty of space to spread out. Lockers & WiFi in the common room, wish we had lockers in our room - but no problems. Our bathrooms were also nice.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

I was slightly deceived in reading about this hostel. Though I enjoyed my stay, this hostel should not be rated 95%. It is a great value for your money, and is located in the touristic old Medina, but I wouldn't recommend it to those who are used to the finer things in life. There was no hot water upstairs & the power was out one morning, so I took a shower with a candle. There aren't an lockers and the "safe" is a kitchen cabinet. The hookah, free Moroccan tea & breakfast was awesome!!

Dear Blake, Many thanks for your review. We are not sure that we as a backpackers hostel have deceived you. A 95% rating does not make us a 5* hotel. Certainly in our description, we do not comment upon guests who are 'seeking the finer things in life' - though this means different things to different people. For example, the aspects of the hostel that you enjoyed such as the brekkie, tea and hookah which are complimentary, may give some of our guests a sense of well-being and thus are 'the finer things in life' which are not material. To make people feel at home is important to any hostel atmosphere. We apologise that you had to shower with a candle on one occasion. Please - a message to our future guests - just tell our staff if you find the water is cold or the light is not working - it will be rectified immediately. Free tea, great atmosphere, travellers connecting and sharing stories we are - in a colourful budget backpackers hostel - champagne and caviar we are not! Best wishes for happy future travels!

I had a good time at St. Christopher's. They have, without a doubt one of the best hostels in Paris. Slightly pricier than I'd like to pay, but the hostel is safe and clean and breakfast is included. I would definitely return!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

I had a wonderful stay at the Garden Backpacker. The hostel was located only 5 to 10 minutes from the center (walking). The staff and activities were wonderful and the rooms and bathrooms were also great! Definitely going to be returning when I go to Sevilla.

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

I really enjoyed HostelOne. Definitely one of the better hostels in Madrid - I would know, I have been to many. Best parts are the showers and bathrooms, which were very clean, and the Churros which are served for FREE every morning. Computers and WIFI is available, which is very important to me and the staff was great!! I would recommend a better sign so it is easier to find... you could easy walk right past it if you are not paying attention.

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Honestly I was a little disappointed. I have stayed at another Sant Jordi in the past (Sagrada Familia), and this was not as nice. The staff was ok, nothing special and the hostel wasn't very clean, which given how small the hostel is, is not okay. The best part about this particular Sant Jordi is the location!!

I only stayed at St. Christopher's for one night, but it was great! Definitely the best value for your money in Paris. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Each bed has their own outlets and a reading light, which was so nice, and it even had a curtain so other guests wouldn't disturb you when you were sleeping. They have a very nice locker room to store your things, however you have to pay - not cheap about 4 to 5€ for the day, but you definitely won't have to worry about your things!

Thank you so much for your nice comments and for staying with us. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay and our hostel and that you felt your things were safe in our lockers. We love what we do and we are always doing our best to make sure our guests have a great time. Please make sure you come back again soon

At 40€ a night, I thought Le Village was too expensive. It is located in Montmartre, which was awesome and they do serve breakfast, however I have stayed in Paris for much cheaper. The dining area is nice and perfect for chilling and checking email. WiFi is free, but you have to pay to use their computers (which is ridiculous and annoying). Very close to the Moulin Rouge and to the NewEurope Paris Tour meeting point. Their tours were excellent by the way - definitely recommend doing those!

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

Oops is definitely one of the nicer youth hostels in Paris and I wouldn't mind staying there again. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and breakfast is included (always a plus)! They are however slightly pricey - you can stay at St. Christopher's for about 5€ cheaper, which is even nicer. The reception area is really tight, especially during breakfast and I felt like they were short staffed, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Hotel Le Terrage

Paris, France

At 30€ per night, I definitely wasn't expecting the Ritz, however I was hoping for a little more being a hotel. Le Terrage is an inexpensive place to crash if you are looking for private rooms. My friend and I split a double and we also had our own bathroom, which was nice. However, the room did reek of smoke, which can be difficult if you are a non-smoker. The hotel is located near a metro stop and there is WiFi in the lobby, but there is no breakfast.

Overall, I really had a great stay in Alessandro's Palace. The rooms and bathrooms were clean as well as the common areas. My biggest suggestion is that breakfast be included and the bar accept cash - not tokens. I have paid a lot less at other hostels and they included breakfast (Alessandro charges 3€). The bagged lunches are a great idea for those trying to save money and the guided tours were great as well! Don´t forget to check out the rooftop terrace - great place for a siesta!

Diagonal Home

Barcelona, Spain

Diagonal Home is located right on Ave. Diagonal, which is one of the major roads in Barcelona. It was relatively easy to find, but a good 8 to 10 minute walk from the closest metro stops (Diagonal or Hospital Clinic). The beds were fine, however there are no room keys. I didn't really mind, but I know some people would have major problems with that. The "facilities" really need some work. The bathrooms are functioning, but very old. Overall, good value for the money, but not the best.

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Las Musas is one of the nicer hostels I've stayed in. The dorm room prices are not terrible and the room itself was rather nice (although the bathroom could have been cleaner). Breakfast is included, which is always nice and the common areas where nice as well. It looked as though the hostel was renovating the basement - which will be really nice when it is finished. I wouldn't mind staying there again!

Residenza Muropadri

Verona, Italy

I had a great experience. The hostel was very simple, but served its purpose. It is in a good location and the bed was super comfortable. I would definitely come back!