Blue Hostel

Rome, Italy

They have wonderful recommendations for restaurants and are very helpful in general. After you get away from the train station it is right next to a beautiful church/piazza and easy walking distance to all of ancient Rome. There are a great many stairs if you have a bit more luggage.

Ca' Venexia

Venice, Italy

Although the apartment was a bit run down (broken chairs, no place to put the shower head to have a shower, rips in pillow cases and sheets) it was clean with a good location, nice and quiet with a lovely view. The owner(?) gave us a recommendation to a great restaurant. We did wish that he had a map just to show us were the apartment was. It is venice and it was difficult to find again.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Maison De Julie

Rome, Italy

We had a great time in Rome. the staff were so nice and helpful, breakfast at the bar was wonderful and it was so nice to stay in a place that was easy walking distance to everything, even to and from the train station! The beds were very comfy. Not a huge fan of shared bathrooms, mostly because I always forget a towel for washing my hands and my biggest complaint would be not having a place to put things when taking a shower, a hanger to put soap and shampoo would be a good.

• 12th Aug 2013

Ca' Bernarda

Venice, Italy

We had a great 2 day stay. Our only criticism was the sofa bed. It was okay for one person but not very comfortable and wouldn't work for two people. The only other advice I would give is to bring your own soap/shampoo if arriving after stores close!

• 31st Jul 2013