Blue House Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
30th Aug 2014

Gorgeous house, perfect and safe location, great guys, remarkably convenient place to stay! The Blue House is a phenomenal new hostel! Trust me; I'm a professional hosteler who's stayed in over a hundred. It's truly one of the best!

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
8.0
18th Jul 2014

Great hostel but no fans or air in rooms would make me reconsider staying here again!

We're glad you had such a great stay with us! For future reference we do have fans available at reception for our guests for when the rooms get warmer in summer! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Charoendee, Bangkok, Thailand
7.1
5th Jul 2014

Most were limited English speakers but nice enough, especially the two sisters who seemed to run the place! Absolutely no ambiance to speak of, no friendly clients as in most hostels, and yet I decided to extend my stay, mainly to economize for the rest of the world. There's a lot to see on the streets of Bangkok. I started to feel at home, safe and secure! So peaceful for being half a block off crazy Khao San Road!

Clockwise Hostel, Penang, Malaysia
1st Jul 2014

When the downstairs area gets finished, it will be a great hostel!

Footprints Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
10th Jun 2014

Great hostel, fantastic day guys, especially Zul! Just get some healthy options for breakfast, the only very negative I could find, and I'm a tough grader!

Nate's Place Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
5.7
28th May 2014

The hostel itself was fine, with very good security and location. I was greeted by a young man who asked me to leave because I am over 40. He told me I wouldn't like it there and basically didn't want any complaints. I had none, other than him and the day time receptionist. The girl looked like she hated her job and never said hi or greeted me, so I stopped saying hi. This was a case of serious age discrimination, and I don't take a liking to it. Never happened to me before!

J Sun Hostel, Fortaleza, Brazil
7th Sep 2013

Best hostel in Fortaleza, Livia is GREAT!

Hostel Pousada Casa Verde, Fortaleza, Brazil
27th Dec 2012

Perfect location. camila is fantastic but night guy really crabby. really clean and new, but too high priced. loved the hostel.

Chicago Getaway Hostel, Chicago, USA
11th Oct 2012

Best hosteel by far I have ever stayed at.

Gary: Thanks for your great review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time! Mat Meadows, CHA General Manager

HI Belo Horizonte Hostel, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
26th Aug 2012

Great great place, too bad it is much more prudent to take a bus home at night, but it is very easy to do-4032 on adolpho pineiro.

Republika Hostel, Natal, Brazil
7.4
17th Apr 2012

NO FREE WATER, very poor to no orientation on arrival-the staff appeared as if they had backpackers or not, it didn't matter-very strange place in a beautiful house and location. I'd never go back.

Hi gary, Sorry for the inconvenience, but lets just get things clear, we do have free and cold water, you just have to check the guests fridge not the staff kitchen. We are very surprised when you said: "strange place", we did everything to make you feel at home, anyway... we hope you come back some other time! Thanks!

HI Manaira, Joao Pessoa, Brazil
8th Apr 2012

Very best hostel I have enjoyed in 6 months of travel across Brazil-ALMOST PERFECT!!! PARABENS A TODOS!!! Gary

O Sorriso do Lagarto, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
6.0
28th Feb 2012

I am staying here because there are very few options in Belo, a city which I have come to love. There is nothing exceptional about this place, unfortunately-everything is just average or below. The hostel is in a very safe, beautiful neighborhood, but far from the main part of the city for walkers like me. NO ONE SPEAKS ENGISH, which i find absurd. I speak Portuguese fluently, but half the people here don't speak a word and I have translated several times already. It could be much better.

Ace Backpackers Youth Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8.0
25th Feb 2012

Security, breakfast, workers, and location were all phenomenal!!! Unfortunately, they packed WAY TOO MANY people into a small space. Great business for you but not so for the customers.

I do understand your point of view but crowded dorms were due to carnival season. Thanks for your comment!

Beats Hostel Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
7.4
15th Feb 2012

Location is perfect and the male staff was superb-fantastic!!! My favorite hostel so far out of five, mostly because of its location and security.

Beats Hostel Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
7.1
11th Feb 2012

Absolutely perfect location; why I would return. The rest was above average-TOO LOUD AFTER MIDNIGHT-they do not folow their own policies.

Barao Copacabana Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2.0
10th Feb 2012

I was asked to leave after arriving after one hour because I defended two British women who were being accosted by the owner, (She was taking photos of the bathrooms with wires hanging down with dripping water.) This is hard to believe, but was told to leave because i happened to be there when he discovered it. The owner is crazy and the receptionists were without morals,. NO ONE SHOULD EVER STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. BEWARE.( sending me out on the streets of rio with no place to stay.

Rio Nature Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.3
3rd Feb 2012

I spoke to the manager upon leaving about my concerns, which were two ; The working staff was very unfriendly to me and some others and very friendly with others, very discriminatory. The owner and "manager Dulçe" were great and am hoping changes will take place. I went from not recommending to recommending after talking with her. The other problem was the area where the computers are-very hot with mosquitoes; we know how dangerous that is. I suggested one good fan there solves both problems.