Location Brazil, Gender Male, Age 26

Loft Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
17th Nov 2016

Had a nice 6 nights stay in Loft Hostel. Really enjoyed the hostel. Booked the all my tours with the hostel, they deal with all tour operators in Iceland which is nice. Cheers up for the great staff, specially Rodrigo, Jameson and the girl from Lithuania. Always kind and really helpful!

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel, Ottawa, Canada
4th Nov 2016

Excellent hostel! Great experience staying a prison. The pub-crawl Friday night was great, as I was a self-traveller, it was a good opportunity to meet new people. I think that Saturday night should have a plan also. The hostel location is perfect, staff was good, and the price was good for what they offer. Don't miss the Jail tour, offered everyday at 11am, make sure to get your daily code, as they change everyday. Check-in at 3pm was a bit late..

17th Oct 2016

Great location in downtown Québec. Staff was okay. There has to another way to get to the airport other than taxi. I felt that the hostel had a partnership with the taxi and did not say how to get to the airport in a cheap way. Shame!Facilities need to be improved, the individual light in the room is very dark.

30th Sep 2016

Really enjoyed the Halifax Heritage Hostel. Hostel is located on Barrington Street, in the heart of downtown Halifax. Close to the main attractions in the city and also to the Pubs/Bars and places to eat. If thinking about the best location in Halifax, then staying at Halifax Heritage Hostel is without a doubt the best option. Great Staff, cheers to Teal who was always really kind and helpful. The only thing I missed, was a night out organized by the hostel to gather its travelers.

HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
15th Aug 2016

Loved the hostel. Would definitely stay here again. Showers were great, having charges in the locker was amazing! Great idea! No breakfast was offered, so it turned out a bit pricey. 2 front desks clerks for this entire hostel is RIDICULOUS. Lines were always big! If you have to ask a question during checking in time, GOOD LUCK! You would spend at least 40 minutes. Also, only one of the two lines accepted credit card, the other one was only cash. Hostel have to improve this urgently!

BOS Hostel, Boston, USA
12th Aug 2016

I have enjoyed BOS Hostel. I think that it is a great hostel for its value (comparing to american standards). No luxury in this hostel, however everything that somebody needs this hostel offers. Hostel is really close to North Station subway, so from there you can go anywhere in Boston.

Duo Housing DC, Washington DC, USA
7.4
9th Aug 2016

I'm used to go to hostels and during check-in receive a map with an explanation of where the hostel is located and the city main sights. This hostel had no map! Going around Washington was confusing at first. The hostel did not have many plugs in the room. Charging cell phones were a hard time. Staff was very unfriendly. Juliana and the other girl were both unfriendly. However, the guy was nice and helpful. Bathroom glass were ridiculous. Everyone could see the other naked while in shower.

HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
5th Aug 2016

I enjoyed HI NYC Hostel. Plugs in the lockers were amazing. It felt really good to charge something in the locker while I was away! Showers was also great. However, I've paid for a 12 bed male dorm, and I've ended up in room 108, which is 14 male dorm. Another thing I disliked was that the hostel has no bar, and drinking alcohol seems to be forbidden, unless you hide your drink. Staff wasn't very friendly. No one gave me a city map, so it was really confusing in the beginning to get around.

Local Hostel Manaus, Manaus, Brazil
1st Sep 2015

Excellent Hostel. All the staff were really helpfull. The hostel is in a perfect location and has a nice infrastructure. I've stayed there during 6 nights. The hostel works with a nice travel agency that offers packages with reasonable price. The only downside was that during my entire period, no one did my bed. I even went to the jungle for 3 days, and when came back it was the same. The hostel has a nicel laundry service, costs R$1,50 each item.

Dear Felipe, thank you very much for your review. We are very glad that you enjoy your long stay in Manaus and specially in Local Hostel. Our apologizes about your bed, the cleanliness is very important for us! We just changed some processes so that won´t happen again, thanks to your review! Best regards form Local hostel´s staff.

Che Lagarto Hostel Foz do Iguaçu, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
14th May 2015

Excellent hostel. Everything was perfect! One of the best I've stayed. Thanks to Alex, Jack and all the great staff!

Kantaya Hostel, Puno, Peru
6.9
10th Sep 2014

The shower in the room was cold. The hostel is really small, hard to socialize and with basic facilities. The internet was very fast, however didn't work in the rooms. Breakfast was good and also with a great time offered! Hostel offer trips (to lake titicaca and other places; you have to pay) however has no schedule to the guests, so it's hard to socialize. The hostel has no bar or restaurant!

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
7th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Location is the best in Cusco. Staff were really helpfull. The atmosphere was great. The bar was really good with good prices. I have some complaints: The keys to get inside the room were awful!! Ever single time I tried to get inside the room I had a hard time, and sometimes had to call someone from reception to open. There is no wi-fi in the rooms.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment, we are happy you liked our facilities and service. I want to apologize for inconvenience that you have with the door, we have fixed the lock door of all rooms, so nobody will have this problem again, thank for let us know, about the Wi-fi, due to the thick walls is difficult to have that kind of service inside, that´s why we offer that service in the opened-common area. We are working to provide a better service. Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
5th Sep 2014

There is no internet in the rooms. 20 soles for a towel is very expensive!!! Aside from that I have nothing to complain. Everything was great!

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
4th Sep 2014

The hostel is great, with the best location in Lima. However to get 100% from me they would have to have wi-fi in the rooms (there are wi-fi only in the common areas) and also to make a bigger kitchen (It is very small)

Dear Felipe, We do appreciate your feedback, it helps us to continue improving our sevice. On the other hand, we know how important is the wi- fi connection and that is why we are working to improve it. Also, we are going to take the suggestion about the kitchen. Thanks a lot for your time. Maritza Conde Reception Manager.

Lemon Spirit Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
9th Jul 2014

Great hostel, with the best location in Rio. I recommend! The prices during the World Cup was very expensive!! Shame on that!

BH Boutique Hostel, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
8th Jul 2014

Staff was very confusing with the World Cup reservations. I had to wait a while until they found my paper. There was only one girl who spoke english. Many foreigners had a hard time to comunicate, because she wasn't there the entire time. The price charged during the World Cup period was really good. They didn't explore as other places did.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
12th Feb 2014

This hostel is amazing. I've stayed in many hostels worldwide, but this one was very special. We felt very confortable, just like we were at home. The hostel makes you feel really in Morocco. We were a group of 4 and we all liked. The staff and the manager is very friendly. The room were great and the bathrooms also. Thanks for everything guys. The hostel offers excursions to places near by, we did and we liked. The free tea is a plus! Incredible hostel and staff. Felipe

Hostel Strowis, Utrecht, Netherlands
16th Jan 2014

The hostel location is just perfect. They have a nice lounge area, the rooms and the bathrooms were excellent. I have one BIG complain. The hostel has a curfew, they close at 2am or 3am (depends on the day) and just reopens at 8am. You have a code to open the front door, I don't get why don't make this code work during this hours. What's the difficulty? Why a curfew in a student/university city? Lots a people who is going to Utrecht is going to visit a friend that study there and also to party!!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
4th Jan 2014

Love this hostel. They also have a nice pool table, have daily activities and free tea! No issue in staying at the Red Light District. Very safe!

Wombats City Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
1st Jan 2014

The hostel is very big, looks more like a hotel. However they have a nice bar and lounge area, so you can meet other travelers there. If you like pool, there is a nice pool table, but you have to pay €1 each game. The prices in the bar seemed nice and fair. As it was a big hostel, staff were always busy. When I needed information they were helpfull and friendly. The €3,90 buffet breakfast worths. I recommend! Free towel in this hostel is a plus!

"...looks more like a hotel." How DARE you!! What an abominable accusation! - :) I'm sorry. It is Friday and my heart always flies high that day. Of course I was simply joking. --- gollllummmm....yes preciousss....jok-ing. ;) Happy travels!

Jaeger's Munich, Munich, Germany
31st Dec 2013

It is hard to qualify the hostel, because I stayed only one night. The hostel is big, however they have a nice lounge area with a great bar, so even being a big hostel you can meet some people. The internet on my room wasn't woking...so I had to stay in the lounge area to get conexion. Staff was friendly and helpfull. I recommend the hostel!

Grand Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
27th Dec 2013

The hostel is amazing. They look more like a small palace. They have a small but nice lounge area with plenty of books and a nice bar. I would suggest to have more showers on each floor and to have a scale, cause as a travaler catching planes we need to know the weight of our lugagge before going to airport. The internet signal on room 103 wasn't good! The staff is really friendly and helpfull, specially Amor. The €6,20 or €7,80 breakfast (depends if you book in advance) worths every cent!

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
24th Dec 2013

The Hostel price is great. It's a nice hostel for self travalers. I recommend! They have an excellent bar, a nice lounge area close to the computers. The location is excellent, however the city is just okay. Cleanliness could be way better, spent 3 days and my room floor was stick from the drinks in the first night. Bathrooms in the rooms are very small and there is only one big one in each floor (could have more). The hostel don't rent towel (sell for 6 euros) and you have to pay for breakfast.

7.1
22nd Dec 2013

Location is just perfect! I would recommend for that reason. Here some things about the hostel: You have to pay 6 euros for a towel, have to pay for breakfast, internet irregular, the staff doesn't interact with guests and when I was there, there was hard to meet other people, as there was almost no atmosphere at the hostel, because they have no plans (schedule) to go out together (Where is the hostel spirit? How can we meet others?).

Thanks for your comments after your stay with us! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests.

6.6
21st Dec 2013

Hostel was just okay. The location is amazing. The facilities are just okay, could be much better, specially if you look at the hostel size. There was no atmosphere at the hostel, wouldn't recommend for self travelers. The staff seems to professional, they don't entertain with the guests. It was one of the coldest staffs ever in a hostel that I've been. Maybe they need to mix staff nationalities. The internet seemed a bit confuse to connect, the login page sometimes wouldn't appear!

Thank you for your honest review! We really appreciate all reviews from our guests as it helps us to make a better hostel! We're sorry to hear that you didn't have such a good time here, but we do hope that you will enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
18th Dec 2013

100% Hostel! Everything is amazing! Showers are really good and the free tea, the nightplans (pubcrawl, night walk...) is a plus, specially for self travellers like me! Atmosphere was amazing! Staff is really helpfull, specially Julia (Germany), Véronique (Québec) and Julian (France). It is a very safe hostel! No worries about that. I would highly recommend! If I go back to Frankfurt, I'll definetely stay there again.

Cool & Bed, Lyon, France
7.4
23rd Nov 2013

Just okay. Location is not that good, and directions to get to hostel could've been writen better, I had a hard time to find. I was there during a Saturday night and the atmosphere wasn't that good for a Saturday Night, and the hostel also didn't have any plans to go out together, so basically people didn't get along, everyone was on their own.

Lemon Spirit Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
28th Jun 2013

Great hostel, superb location and very helpfull staff. The price is a bit higher if you compare to others, but in my opinion it worths the money. The hostel is very good located and also very clean (I've seen many cleaners there). Highly recommended! I found the 4 dorm room very small! I would recommend to stay in another room.

360 Hostel Centro, Madrid, Spain
22nd Feb 2012

Best hostel I've stayed so far. The staff is very friendly! They have plans for everynight, and the atmosphere at the hostel let you make lots of friends, because they entertain everyone. Also they have a nice living room with couches so everyone get together, chating and meeting each other. Excelent and modern facilities in the best location of Madrid, close to Puerta del Sol. 100% recommended. Defenitely will be back!

Cocomama, Amsterdam, Netherlands
20th Feb 2012

360 Hostel Centro, Madrid, Spain
6th Jan 2012

The best hostel I have stayed so far. They have a very nice staff.

Lisboa Central Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal