Los Lupinos

Ushuaia, Argentina

The shower pissed me off. The curtain was hard to keep up, on a flimsy, easily dislodged line. Some effort should be made to properly install shower curtains. The latch device on the lockers were ultra flimsy and would be easy to break into. Weird curtains couldn`t keep the sun out. Kitchen is poorly laid out and hard to navigate with others preparing food. TV would be better in sitting area, altho good cable selection. Staff were great and very helpful. Well located near great Irish Pub

Rancho Azul

Punta del Este, Uruguay

They befriended me immediately and were very welcoming when I returned the next year. It´s very comfortable and laid back. It is really hoping during busy season. Loved their down comforters. Very comfortable beds.

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

This was a very comfortable, well located place with a fantastic view of the bay. They had cable television with NBA basketball and some excellent movies. The staff was particularly helpful in getting my onward reservations and I was happy to tip them, They made me feel really welcome every moment, always remembering my name. I wish I had time to stay longer. They served a particularly excellent, low cost lunch as well as a solid breakfast. Truly one of the world´s great hostels.

Knock Knock Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

Emilia and Lucas were wonderful. They were always quite helpful and made you feel most welcome. Their place is practically brand new. Everything is very clean, and the breakfast was generous and tasty. I suggested they get a better chair for using the computer and they did it right away. We talked about other improvements and Lucas intently listened since he wants it to be the best hostel in Curitiba. I believe it already is. So do yourself a favor and stay there. You won´t regret it !

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

The breakfast was excellent with lots of ingredients to choose from. The staff was always helpful and genuinely fun to be around. Supermarket was next door so you can pick up supplies very easily. Net cafes and a Middle Eastern restaurant were only a few feet further. Now if they had only controlled the weather to keep it from drizzling for 4 days, they would be perfect ! LOL

The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls