Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
29th Sep 2013

This hostel is sooo nice!!! There are beautiful gardens, music instruments everywhere, happy hour every day, a nice kitchen, and I was really surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room I was in (10 bed mixed dorm). They say 10 mixed dorm, but because of the door that splits the room in two, it's more like a 6 bed dorm. The wifi works well everywhere, which is rare, and it's midway from the city center and the palace, so I didn't need to pay for transport. Check out the Travel Shack Bar!

La Banda Rooftop Hostel, Seville, Spain
9th Sep 2013

Nice hostel and nice staff! I didn't feel like I was there at the right time (monday-tuesday) or long enough to experience the city though. The hostel is 2 minutes from the cathedral, which is pretty hard to beat and offers some nice meals every night and other stuff. I highly recommend the flamenco show and the morning tour with Medi, that guy was crazy lol! The only thing is that if you have a room on the 1st floor or roof, make sure you have earplugs!

HostelVITA, Granada, Spain
7th Sep 2013

Juan just opened this hostel and even if some things might need improvement, this hostel is really nice. Close to the Alhambra, really nice bathrooms, safe lockers and I know he plans to add a bar to the common area, which would make it a really cool place to chill out!

Mediterranean Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7.1
2nd Sep 2013

I really wasn't impressed with my stay at this hostel. The atmosphere is not that great and I definitely wouldn't recommend the pub crawl; it's not value for money. Also the showers on the 1st floor were quite bad: it was either icicle or boiled egg. Anyway I would try another hostel if I come back to Barcelona!

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club, Dubrovnik, Croatia
27th Aug 2013

I loved my stay at DBC! The family who owns the place is so lovely! The hostel is situated in Lapad which was nice to avoid the constant flow of tourists in august and the pricey restaurants, but also so close to the bus stop if you wanna swing by old town. They also offer tours which are really nice and at a good price; i can recommend the private boat trip! The breakfast is yummy too. Thank you Milka and the rest of the family for all your help and good care!

CroParadise Green Hostel, Split, Croatia
7.1
24th Aug 2013

The flats, cause that's what this hostel is, are very nice and all, but if you're traveling alone you are definitely not gonna meet anyone. They advertise their underground place but there was nobody there on the saturday I arrived, plus it's opened only between 20h and 23h30, and not on sundays. For a common area that is ridiculous. That's not a bar, that's a common area and I think it should be opened the same as reception hours or something, otherwise there is nowhere to be! Very disappointed

The Drunken Monkey Hostel, Zadar, Croatia
8.0
20th Aug 2013

The hostel had a cool vibe and really nice facilities. What totally ruined it for me was that in the hostel bar (only main common area), people were allowed to smoke and I couldn't handle staying in this closed space for too long. This made my nights really boring and frustrating. I understand that smoking is allowed in bars, but this is still a hostel... I wouldn't stay there again for this reason.

Carpe Noctem Vitae, Budapest, Hungary
15th Aug 2013

This hostel is the best I've stayed at! Amazing staff, comfy beds, nice bathrooms (mostly on the 3rd floor), and near the Oktogon which leads you anywhere in town! There is always something to do, and there's a really chilled homey atmosphere, so you don't always have to go hard...but you're not gonna want to miss out. Thanks Angry Steve for finding me a bed so I could stay an extra night too! I would have stayed an extra week! I highly recommend and would stay there again anytime!