Location USA, Gender Male, Age 26

Joan's Hostel, San Salvador, El Salvador
16th Jul 2014

Great location! Bus stops are very close and you are right by the three big malls of San Salvador. Staff was very helpful in helping me plan trips around the city. Facilities were nice - I especially loved the thick ply toilet paper! Showers are wonderful. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't breakfast included, but there are cafes on the same street with cheap breakfast. Would stay here again and recommend it.

Hostal CasArte Takubamba, Sucre, Bolivia
1st Jul 2014

Great, clean facilities. Probably one of the nicest hostels I stayed in while in Bolivia. The staff was wonderful as well - one of them walked with me to find my bus in the morning and even bought me breakfast! Loved my short stay here and would definitely recommend this hostel.

Hotel Mitru, Tupiza, Bolivia
26th Jun 2014

Great facilities. A hotel with hostel prices. Breakfast was wonderful. Wifi not so great. I would definitely stay here again.

19th Jun 2014

Located right off the main square, Piedra Blanca is in a great location for good restaurants and all those wanting to check out the Salar tour companies. In June, it is pretty dang cold in Uyuni, but the rooms have heaters at night and the beds have plenty of blankets (plus you can ask for extra blankets). I stayed in another hostel in Uyuni as well, and I was much more comfortable at Piedra Blanca. Breakfast was pretty basic, but good nonetheless. I would definitely stay there again.

Hotel Mitru, Tupiza, Bolivia
12th Jun 2014

Hotel Mitru was a great place to stay, with great accommodations for a reasonable price. I especially loved the breakfast that was included.

Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
8.0
10th Apr 2014

Shoestrings is a great hostel for those who need to be close to the airport. Their free drop off / pick up was so helpful. Rob was very accommodating and willing to pick up and drop off whenever. The facilities were nice - not amazing, but a good comfortable place for backpackers to stay. Warm showers. Comfortable bed. Full kitchen. I'd definitely recommend Shoestrings and will stay there again the next time I pass through JoBurg.

6.0
29th May 2013

Definitely a fun place to stay, but the area is not the best/safest. Nothing to do around the hostel. It was good for me since I just needed one night close to the airport, and it was the cheapest option with free transport.

The Travel Hub, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
29th Apr 2013

Really comfortable place. I especially loved the hang out area with couches near the reception. Bathroom area and showers were nice. The front desk was helpful in figuring out our travel arrangements. About a five minute walk to metro access and one stop away from KL Central Station. My only complaint would be the location - Chinatown was great, but I had to take a cab to all of the places I wanted to go. Pretty much 10rng ($3.30) anywhere you want to go. Overall, great place. Would stay again.

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1, Singapore, Singapore
26th Apr 2013

The staff were incredibly helpful and made every effort to answer our questions as best they could. The facilities were great, although the room was a little cramped. Right in the heart of Chinatown, it was a great starting point for everything we wanted to do in the city. Will definitely stay again if I am in Singapore!

Happy Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
17th Sep 2012

The staff was very helpful, especially for navigating around the city. Accommodations were great - hot showers with good water pressure were a pleasant surprise!