Location: China, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Eastwest Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is clean and it's fun to hang out and make friends in the basement. The breakfast is simple bread and butter and cheese (and eggs if early enough). Tea and coffee are available all day. One night the hot water in the bath was not working. Staff could have been a bit warmer, but they were extremely genuine and helpful. If you walk past (to the left) the bagel shop in front of the hostel, there are three pretty good bars to hang out.

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

I come to hostel first to meet people, second to save money. and there are very few activities organized at the hostel, and the staff are not that inviting to tell you about things and activities in the hostel. They operate it more as a cheap stay place than a socializing spot. At first I thought it would be a good idea to explore west side of South Beach. But it was a mistake, since there's nothing much around the hostel. Everything you do, you need to go to the east side.

Parkview Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

good place to stay . not a good place to get to know and hang out with new people. Best beds/beddings I've seen for hostels. very comfortable. Unfortunately there's no activities organized at all and they don't try to get people to socialize with each other. An easy way would be providing free breakfast to let people get to hang out with each other.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We will consider if it is feasible to have breakfast gathering in our hostel. To encourage guests socialize with each other, we have provided board games and movie DVDs and guests are welcomed to mingle with each other in our cozy common area and roof top. Thanks again for your suggestion. We will do our best to improve the quality of our hostel.

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

Everything is great except the fact that, If you are looking for parties (many hostelers are), this is not a good choice. There's NO activities of any sort organized. People don't talk much to each other. If you have been to hostels in Miami, this is the exact opposite. I also don't like older people there, honestly.

We encourage interaction amongst fellow guests with Xbox and movie facilities. We also organise pub crawls weekly, free weekend walking tours and Singapore attraction packages to the Zoo, Night Safari and Bird Parks. Guest may approach our reception for more information. As for older people in hostels, it is something that is beyond our control.

I am comparing this with other hostels -location, -atmosphere, -parties ($15 for entrance and one-way limo) bads: -old facilities -expect the least you could imagine for the free meals -they try to charge everything, even for daily towels! I am paying the same rate every day, why should I pay for a new towel on a new day? -you have to pay for the tiny lockers there; no choice of free locker with your own locks -only get wifi in the lobby I did have a good time though. but they can do better