The Stone Bridge, Yangshuo, China
14th Oct 2013

Great guesthouse with nice and knowledgable staff. it's located in a peaceful village away from the noise and hawkers of Yangshuo. Watch for the signs in the trees and blue spray painted arrows to guide you there.

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
13th Oct 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place is clean and has good character. You can't go wrong here.

Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
6.9
15th May 2013

Bathrooms were pretty dirty but bed was clean.

Sanus House, Kathmandu, Nepal
20th Apr 2013

This place was awarded Best guesthouse in Nepal in 2013 and it definitely earns that distinction! It's all about Sarita, the woman devoted to making the place run smoothly and ensuring that each guest has all the information he needs for a pleasant stay in Kathmandu. The community meals make great social gatherings and Sarita is a wonderful cook. The beds are firm but comfortable, the showers are solar powered, and the place is simple but tidy. I am planning on going back on my way out of Nepal

Deejai Backpacker, Chiang Mai, Thailand
24th Feb 2013

This is an easy one. Great atmosphere, great building, good room rates. This will be my first choice of accommodation when I return to Chiang Mai.

Kim Samnang Guesthouse, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
8.0
26th Jan 2013

HI-Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand
10th Jan 2013

I liked HI-Sukhumvit a lot. It had a great location, pretty easy to find from the Sky Train (the hostel sign is visible from the station), interesting decor, capable staff, and air conditioned rooms. The one gripe I have with this place is that all of the public spaces are open air, and therefore exposed to mosquitoes. I was DESTROYED by mosquitoes whenever I went to hang out in the lobby or on the rooftop patio. So I ended up seeking refuge in my dorm room whenever I was at the hostel.

• USA, 25-30
The Villa Backpackers Lodge, Picton, New Zealand
24th Dec 2012

I wish I could have stayed at The Villa longer. It's a beautiful hostel run by a very nice staff. I would recommend it to anyone!

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
13th Dec 2012

Great facility and great staff. The 6 bed dorms each have their own bathroom, which is very clean. The staff went above and beyond normal duties to make sure I was a happy customer. There are great public spaces for socializing, and these spaces are well-separated from the dorms, which makes the dorms nice and quiet! I'd stay there again without hesitation.

Thanks Maurice, it was cool to have you with us, keep it real and see you next time!