Univa Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The facilities were worse than every other hostel I have been in and the rooms were in terrible shape, but I slept well, the reception was open 24h and it was very very cheap, so I am relatively satisfied with my stay. I was falsely accused of not-paying and the receptionist reacted pretty pissed-off, but when she discovered her mistake she apologized 3 times and gave me a better room, so that was pretty cool.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostel Freedom Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

It is a bit hard to find, located in a small street 5 minutes from the main square Jamaa El Fnaa. Important: The name of the hostel changed from Hostel Freedom to Hostel Kif-kif a couple of months (years?) ago, which we didn't know. The staff was very friendly, and arranged a cheap rental car for us. The people in the hostel were great and there is a nice roof-top lounge area. The matressess and the pillows in the 6-bed dorm were a bit hard though. All in all, we had a great stay!

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Underground Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Lots and lots of Irish people. Free sausage sizzle every day is nice, the pool is cold but refreshing, the cinema-room is awesome on boring days. 24h reception is good, staff could be friendlier though... It is noisy in the rooms (a lot of drunk inconsiderate people) and it is pretty damn expensive, but the hostel is not bad.

• 15th Mar 2012

Sydney G'Day Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

A very nice and small hostel, nice outside area to relax and meet new people. It's not very clean and pretty old but for the 20 bucks I paid per night it was worth it!

• 13th Feb 2012

Mountbatten Hotel

Sydney, Australia

It smelled like urine all over the place, the mattresses were terrible, the hostel was next to a busy street with a lot of noise. It was warm and I wasn't able to sleep at all. But at least it was cheap and close to Central Station

• 12th Feb 2012