• Israel, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2014

This place was excellent, really good end to my rtw trip. The staff were like friends, great advice on tours, where to shop etc. My bed was clean, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, it's got a great vibe but the bar shuts in time for sleep, great mixed cloud, it's in a great location. Just a good hostel, like a proper hostel should be. You can tell I liked it ;)

• England, Couple, 31-40
12th Mar 2014

I stayed in this place about 3 years ago and woooow what a change!!! It's was ok then, now, seriously it's one of the best backpackers I've been in. They have really worked on it. New rooms, great food, the gardens are great for relaxing not covered in tents, the bar is great, it even has a gift shop on site! My he big change as we'll is the staff, they are all smiles and helpfulness, the manger DIxon is a permanent smile and is so helpful. Thanks guys, you made Lusaka a place to visit not avoid

• England, Male, 31-40
11th Mar 2014

We were in Cape Town for the argus cycle race. These guys were great, went out of their way to help, we had secure cycle storage, a proper private car park for the bike trailers. We didn't eat because we were out but they laid on a pasta meal on the Saturday night and then let us check out and shower after we had finished. .The room was clean and tidy, and the beer was cheap when we got back! Really good, thanks we will be back next year.

• USA, Male, 25-30
8th Feb 2013

Great place, friendly staff, nice pool, cheap but good food and drinks, loved the bar and the characters in it. I'd go back

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2012

Loved this place. Its in a great central location, we could walk to Manda Hill shopping centre in a few minutes. They have a great swimming pool with sun loungers. The bar is really good we met loads of locals who gave us great advice for our trip, just hope they are right! And the food was cheap and good. We spent a lot of time in the shady gardens at the back of the building keeping cool during the day. We were really pleased with this place. We recommend anyone going to Lusaka to go here.

thanks for the great review, glad you liked the backpackers. hope we see you again

• Germany, Male, 18-24
28th Dec 2011

This is my second time here and I will come again. The bar is great with cool staff, the room is clean and quiet, I love the location, being 5 minutes from Long Street to party but being able to sleep when your not partying is excellent. Thanks guys I will be back again!