Pension De Laurier, Amsterdam, Netherlands
16th Oct 2013

In this second time I stayed at the Pension De Laurier I was amazed how this place hadn't changed a bit. And maybe that's what made my review a little bit harsher this time. There was no improvement in the place. Though it's a cozy and well located bedroom I felt we were losing something when comparing to some other options available such as renting a place to crash in Air B'n'B. so the price just nearly scratched average if you compare prices of a fully equiped apartment.

Budget Hotel Hortus, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.4
30th Jul 2012

This hostel is a bit far from some attractions. Is close to the zoo but it's ok if you have a bike. I wouldn't rely on getting trams everyday otherwise it would get expensive. Great for one night, not so good for a prolonged stay. It has 3 floors and with high stairs and never-ending steps, as steep as the Everest. The guy on the morning staff was not so friendly (poor lad was half canadian so I couldn't blame him) but the rest was ok. A decent breakfast was a surprise as the poor wi-fi in rooms

Pension De Laurier, Amsterdam, Netherlands
27th Jul 2012

I would definitely go back to Pension De Laurier. The owners are very friendly and polite and rooms are clean and beautiful. You'll find yourself close to Westermarkt and other interesting places to visit. A minor thing I would call attention was to the coffemaker that it was dirty and couldn't be used. But apart from that it's one of the best place to stay in Amsterdan.