Yijiaqin Guesthouse

Zhangjiajie, China

Owner is super helpful, as all the other reviews will tell you. He'll accompany you to the bus or train station to make sure everything is sorted out correctly (they're both within a 5 minute walk).

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

The Wada girls were super nice and helpful, way above and beyond the call of duty! I've been to plenty of hostels while travelling around Asia and this was definitely the best.

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great hostel! All the other ones I found in Hong Kong for similar/lower prices were in the Chungking Mansions, and after reading the reviews I wanted to avoid the hostels there. This one only opened a few months ago, and for what I've heard about Hong Kong hostels was quite roomy. Bathrooms were tiny, but the rest of the place just felt cozy, not cramped. Staff were very friendly, and ended up spending a number of hours chatting with fellow travelers in the lounge.

Tidoq Inn

Langkawi, Malaysia

Nice and cheap, which was what I was looking for, but accommodations left a lot to be desired. However, for the money, I would say it's still more than expected.

• 3rd Feb 2012

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

First time I've stayed in a hostel so I can't really compare, but really enjoyed the experience, great location, and much nicer that I expected