• Russia, Female, 25-30
BackPacker's Republic, St Petersburg, Russia
30th Apr 2013

Staying at the Backpackers Republic felt like visiting friends rather than a hostel. Veronika and Alex are a lovely young couple, who will really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The breakfast is homemade, and served whenever you wake up. Facilities are new and decor is cool. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Highly recommend.

• USA, Female, 25-30
Astor Hyde Park, London, England
6.6
2nd Jan 2012

The big plus is the location and the cheap price. Everything else is pretty bad, but for a price like that in central london that is to be expected. The internet cuts out a lot. The staff is a little rude. You almost feel bad asking them to check the internet or for anything else. My adapter, which worked everywhere else in london, didn't work there. The kitchen is gross and my room was on the fourth floor, I had to walk up endless stairs with my suitcase. I guess you get what you pay for.