Location: Brazil, Gender: Male, Age: 28

El Misti Botafogo Hostel e Pousada

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Basically all the staff was very arrogant, except for the nice guy with white/blond hair. I don't know what goes on with El Misti hostels staff, they act so cold! Unfortunately, their behaviour strongly reminds us of the stereotypes about Buenos Aires's people's behaviour. I went downstairs 7 times during 30 minutes, trying to get the air conditioner to work. Every time I came down the front desk girl acted like she was seeing me for the first time! Great breakfast. Few bathrooms.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Lapa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This is a great hostel to spend the weekend. In 7 days in Rio I booked three hostels: Copacabana 3 nights, Lapa 2, Botafogo. Lapa hostel is perfect for anyone interested in partying in Lapa. The FREE CAIPIRINHA is true, goes from 9 to 11pm on fridays and saturdays, and it brings all guests together. So it's easy to meet people while drinking, and then go out to party together in Lapa, be it in a club or just walking the streets. In the street, look for the 750ml caipirinha for 6 reais.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Serbia

El Misti Hostel Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Once all the argentinian staff learns how to smile and be more charismatic, the hostel ratings will improve. The second bad aspect is the rooms seemed a little small for so many beds. That won't be a problem depending on who you have in your room. Good aspects: great breakfast, great location. I strongly recommend this location if you want to have an easy life in Rio: supermarkets all around, subway nearby, 5 min walk to the beach, etc.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Serbia

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

great staff.

• 25th Sep 2013

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

I never thought any hostel could be rated 100% on hostel world but here am I giving Hobo Bear 100%. We rented bikes at the hostel which was great, break fast was nice and went until 11 am, they gave us a very helpful city step by step guide, beds and bathrooms were good, everything was always clean. ps: I only have one tip for the owners: it would be nice having staff stay at hostel from midnight to 8 a.m. on the booked out nights and make sure people some people (ex: argentinians) behave.

• 25th Apr 2013

Gat-Subotica

Subotica, Serbia

I actually didnt stay there. I arrived 4 hours later than I had said I would, so they gave my reservation away. It was ok though. The front desk man was very polite, got me a taxi for free, and I stayed at a "pension" which is 300 meters away, where the man spoke no English but was nice and I had my own room and it was perfect.

Alloggi Gerotto Calderan

Venice, Italy

A little expensive considering there's no breakfast, no lockers in the rooms, no free computers, no socializing/common area, no kitchen, and a 1 a.m. curfew. But our stay was good because of : Awesome beds, helpful and nice staff, good bathroom, great location.

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is the most "McDONALD'S HOSTEL" I've ever stayed in! Price isn't expensive considering location, breakfast and cleanliness. But you are treated and you feel like a customer the whole time. Plus: After staying 3 nights, I was unlucky enough to have my girlfriend get so sick she couldn't walk the morning we had to check out. I was getting her medicine and considering taking her to the hospital, and the only thing the staff/desk girl kept on saying was "You have to check out". Shame on her.

• 4th Jan 2012