• Australia, Female, 18-24
Fethiye Guesthouse, Fethiye, Turkey
4.3
8th Aug 2014

I'm not one to usually leave negative reviews but thought I should give a heads up to anyone who, like me, books on the basis of the rating and the reviews. I arrived at this hostel to find that it had been overbooked and my bed had been taken. I was taken to their sister hostel and assured that I was being given a good alternative - the room was noisy, terribly hot and unclean. Both of us were bitten and bothered by bugs during the night (the hostel apologised but didn't do anything about it).

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Cheers Lighthouse, Istanbul, Turkey
4th Aug 2014

A wonderful, chilled-out place to stay. The staff were fantastic and the rooms were clean and secure. Sitting on the back deck with a beer, overlooking the sea and listening to the evening calls to prayer was absolute bliss! I'd highly recommend this hostel and will definitely returning for my next stay in Istanbul.