Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

All the staff were amazing. CJ, Theresa, Helen were really helpful, when I needed help planning my road trip everyone helped. When snoring man kept snoring I was given the keys to the cinema room to sleep. Being a vegetarian it meant I could jump the queue at the FREE BBQ which was amazing. Showers were always free and there were plenty in the hostel. CJ and Mary helped with applying for work which was great The internet was slow whilst trying to watch two headed shark attack in the cinema room

• 24th Sep 2013

Not the cheapest of hostels but does just about enough to warrant paying the price. It is located right next to north station, 15mins on the subway from Fen Way. 20 mins from MIT and Harvard. Overall a great stay.

• 28th Feb 2012

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

One of the best hostel's I have ever stayed in. The location is fantastic. It is the building behind the greyhound station and within 20min you can be at many of the cities best attractions. I was there for the Festival Montréal en Lumière which I was unaware of until the Sam told me that I was there for one of the best weekends in Montreal. They staff are they to have fun as well. The hostel was great if you just wanted to relax as well. Free breakfast, free bag storage, kept my bag until 22:00

• 23rd Feb 2012

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Located 3minutes walk from the Morgan Ave subway in Brooklyn. Easy to get to all the exciting parts of NYC. The area around the hostel doesn't offer much and is safe however I was only there for two days. Overall a short simple stay. The breakfast wasn't anything special. It is also a big hostel but the kitchen doesn't quite accommodate if majority of the guest come down. I would again recommend if you are just staying in New York for a night and need somewhere cheap and easy to stay.

• 21st Feb 2012

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Stayed here for 3 days. The staff were really friendly. It is about 20minutes walk from the greyhound station. Very easy to find though. The hostel is huge with a lot of rooms. When it is busy it can be a bit overwhelming and they then struggle to make seating available for everyone. Close to bars and restaurants. I was part of the group that was going out late and coming back late into the morning so noise was not an issue. Overall a good stay. Would highly recommend if staying in Toronto.

• 13th Feb 2012

Niagara Falls Backpackers Hostel

Niagara Falls, Canada

A small family run hostel. The security was so good that I had to wait for 15mins outside before somebody would come to the door. The staff are really friendly. About 20mins walk to the falls. The hostel is 2min in the snow from the greyhound station. I would recommend strongly if you need somewhere to stay whilst you go see the falls. It isn't a party hostel but then Niagara Falls isn't a party town, the greyhound bus leaves every few hours to do the 2hour trip to Toronto.

• 11th Feb 2012

Parthenon Hostel

Chicago, USA

The hostel was great for people looking for work and not trying to enjoy the sights of Chicago. It is located right near the greyhound station and the L train. Both are within a 5min walk, even in the snow. The biggest negative is that nothing happens here, the female staff were friendly however the old guy would so unhelpful and seemed to go out of his way to make you feel not welcome. He would also stand and watch you eat breakfast. I would recommend if you need a cheap quiet no fun night out

Music City Hostel

Nashville, USA

I don't have enough characters to praise this place as much as I would like. This hostel was by far the best value for money I have ever experienced in the USA. it is a 30min walk from the new greyhound station or a $7.50 taxi ride. The staff are so friendly, there is always something happening. There were a few regular visitors there who were fantastic. With $6 pitchers you can't go wrong. I lived on $25 a day whilst I was there. The kitchen facilities allow you to cook your own food.

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Fantastic Hostel. Amazing value for money. washing/drying free, Lockers free, bag storage free and free breakfast. It took 20mins to walk to the Capitol Building and 15mins to walk to union station. It is a 7min, with a huge back pack, walk to the greyhound station. The staff were amazing and the breakfast was fantastic. Would highly recommend staying here. The only part that lets it down is that it is in DC which is great for museums and government buildings but has a appalling night-life.

• 30th Jan 2012