Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 32

St Christopher's Greenwich

This place pounds down the walls on the weekend with a noisy DJ and townie clientele…you won't be able to sleep until 2 or 3am. They even crank up the music on Sunday night! Not a relaxing environment. The "Chillout" room is way too small and buried in the basement, so I had trouble finding a place to read. Additionally, there was so much disorder with bed numbers that I repeatedly came back to find someone in my bed and the staff were too busy bartending to help me. Location is good.

Thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear you didnt have an awesome experience with us. As a party hostel there is a DJ on weekends until 2am,we do offer free ear plugs to all guests and tell guests to be considerate of others. We are also sorry to hear there was a mix up with your bed, this does not happen often and we try to sort any issues out immediately, even if the bar is busy. we hope you stay with St. Christophers again, regards, The St. Christophers Greenwich team

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

The downstairs pub/common area was pretty noisy with the usual problem of simultaneous TV and radio. The room was pretty cramped and the window didn't open, so we suffered from that damp smell of dirty backpackers. The floorboards were excessively squeaky. The toilets were prone to clogging, so you never knew which bathroom to use, but were otherwise acceptably clean. The area is quiet, not much open in the evenings.

Sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are a pub that is open to the public, and as a result, the communal area can get noisy - as expected in a pub. In your room, there were 2 windows - if you had tried the other one, you could have opened it. The most likely reason the toilets were 'clogging' was due to people putting excess toilet paper in the toilet. Whilst we are in a quiet area, if you go to Fulham Broadway you will find a cinema, shops, pubs, clubs, etc. Thank you.

Kipps Brighton

Brighton, England

This is a classy, chillaxed hostel, well-appointed with Banksy art, modern furniture, trendy wallpaper, and a super comfortable common room. Dorm beds feature three pillows color-coordinated with the duvet, and a matching towel. There was enough space to stretch on the plush red rug before bed, and adequate storage. The room was very bright and airy with large windows. Bathrooms were large and clean, almost as good as home.

Phoenix Hostel

Mostly average facilities with very friendly staff. The pub/common room is perpetually noisy with simultaneous music and TV, so there's not a good place to read or talk on the phone. Also no cask marque, so the beers are pretty lame. However the downstairs dorm room (14 beds) was pretty awesome because it had enough nooks and crannies to provide a sense of privacy. The temperature was cool, great for sleeping; room had a lovely attic-style window.

Staff are exceptionally friendly, but young, inexperienced, and frankly incompetent. My first night's reservation was lost (probably not the hostel's fault) but I had to wait half an hour for the manager to decide what to do with me. They did take great pains to find me a bed. The second night I had to wait another 20min to check in again. There was a slightly obnoxious clique of "residents", so I felt like an intruder in some common spaces. Clean and safe, pretty murals, but I wouldn't return.

My favorite hostel in London because of the warm character of the building and wonderful staff! The pub is a fantastic shabby chic venue that doubles as a common room. It's a great place for a beer in the evening, or to check email in the bright morning sun. Located on top of Lavender Hill, there are some great views of London. Dorms are sometimes a bit cramped and triple bunked, but the total number of guests is not too great, so bathrooms/showers are usually available. Well worth the trek!

Acacia Hostel

Tucked into a quiet street near South Ken cafes, this hostel is pleasantly quiet. The rooms have a shabby-chic feel with high ceilings, solid wooden bunks, and plush carpets. Anyone can walk into the hostel, and many guests don't bother to lock the door to the room, so it's not very secure. However it's in a safe area, so there were no problems. The bathrooms were clean enough, but could do with some mold/mildew management. The 'living room' doesn't feel very welcoming, but the kitchen is busy.

This place is a fantastic bargain. The bar/hostel staff are all very friendly and exude individuality. The dorms are quite clean, and very spacious...I'm talking room for 5 friends to do yoga side-by-side! The toilets are few, a bit overused, and at awkward angles for entering and closing the door. The bunks are triples and very squeaky, as are the lovely wooden floorboards. Not a good place if you have trouble sleeping with noise and light. Cheap and cheerful seal of approval!

This hostel is fantastic for comfort, charm, and friendly staff! The women's dorm was in the attic, and filled with rustic wooden beams. Each curtained bunk had it's own reading light, and the under-bunk drawers moved very quietly because they were on castors. There wasn't tons of space for luggage, and you couldn't easily pass by if someone had their drawer open. The pretty orange duvets, matching curtains, and 24-hour tea room were awesome. Also, plenty of clean toilets and showers.

Smart Hyde Park View

This hostel definitely caters to groups of screaming school children. The dorm room was not cleaned everyday, and some guests had left their take out food to mold on the common shelves. The ensuite bathroom was cleaned daily, but somewhat overused, and there weren't many other bathrooms. Space was tight, and my fellow guests were less than polite about storing their luggage out of the way. Laundry on site was cheap.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully hopefully the next time will be better. SCI Staff

Pride of Paddington

Great location, great pub, plenty of bathrooms (some of which are even a bit posh!), lots of beautiful big windows in each of the 3 rooms I've visited. On one night there was a crazy old guy in my dorm who woke up and starting screaming obscenities at another dude who was blissfully asleep and snoring. But the majority of fellow guests were young and friendly; always someone around for a chat or a pint.

Smart Russell Square

The common areas (internet room, lounge, dining hall) were very clean and spacious, but the toilet stalls were almost too small to squeeze into. Whilst the custom dorm beds provided maximum privacy, they also kind of boxed me in (and the bed was rather short.) The staff did their jobs, but did not seem too interested. All-in-all a pleasant enough way to stay in Bloomsbury.

40 Berkeley Hostel

Boston, USA

This hostel was a little gem during the week I was in Boston for a physics meeting. There was so much common space in the atrium for relaxing and interacting with other people, but it was a quiet environment, and I was able to work quite well. I particularly enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs with Starbucks coffee from the machine. My single room was spacious and well-furnished; I felt at-home right away. I will definitely come back to 40 Berkeley next time I am in Boston.