Des Artistes

Naples, Italy

Great, safe, clean hotel in Naples with 24 hour reception. Everything was perfect - our only gripe was that we couldn't have breakfast due to our early flight! Thanks for a hassle free stay!

• 4th Sep 2013

B&B L'Incanto di Roma

Rome, Italy

Laura was lovely, this was the absolutely cleanest place I have ever seen, breakfast was amazing, rooms were large, spacious and bed was comfortable. Laura was so helpful with information about Rome, including her recommendation about where to eat (around the corner), which was one of the best meals I ate in Italy! I'll definitely be back!

• 2nd Sep 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Brilliant hostel - recommend to anyone who goes to Florence as a number one choice. Especially for travellers looking to socialise a little - bar and pool area is great for this! Will be back.

• 31st Aug 2013

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

We turned up to an uncleaned room, which absolutely stank. Went to the desk, and the staff very helpfully had it cleaned ASAP while we waited at the local bar. However, the 'cleaning' consisted of fresh sheets on the beds and mopping up the water which had flooded the bathroom. The toilet was left uncleaned (filthy and smelly), the shower was badly blocked and therefore flooded the bathroom again. The smell stayed, no idea what it was. Good location near train station, that's about it.

• 27th Aug 2013

Hostel City Central Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

We loved our stay here, excellent location!

• 17th Aug 2013

Everything you have said is correct and I apologize for any discomfort during your stay here. I feel the mess may have been due to the girls you were sharing a bathroom with, my staff attempted to clean the bathroom multiple times a day but had trouble as it was rare that the other girls were out of the bathroom so they could do so. In fact they took so long in the bathroom it flooded the room below. I'm very sorry this has happened during your stay.

Rooms Laura

Split, Croatia

Good, clean room in a private home with friendly owners. Good value for money. Location was excellent for heading out in Split. Value for money with nothing over the top special - regular room in a nice house. Owners smoked outside which is a nice distinguishing factor from many similar homes in Dubrovnik!

• 9th Aug 2013

Inner Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hotel for the money - very very stuffy rooms with little fresh air, no air conditioning and sealed windows was the only real problem with the room - everything else was fine.

• 29th May 2013

Cambridge Lodge Budget Hostel

Sydney, Australia

The linen was covered in cat and human hair - anyone with cat allergy cannot stay here comfortably, sorry.

• 25th Jan 2012

The Lodge has 1 cat which has been hanging around and hence being fed, a very clean cat which some longer term guests have befriended, is not permitted in the rooms. I can only guess that whilst we were airing the room it has unfortunately made it's way in. We apologise for this and have enforced more stringent measures to do our best to ensure it does not happen again. We may indeed try to give the cat to a good home of non allergy sufferers. We are sorry you did not bring it to our attention to enable us to move you to another room or at least give you fresh linen.