The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The other reviews don't lie - this is a fantastic hostel that offers incredible value for money. Some might find it farther out than they'd like but anything is close when you take the U-Bahn and the station is only a block from the hostel's front door. The area itself is also rather charming. The facilities are spotless, the kitchen and any non-stick pans clean and scratch-free, and the bathrooms with their separate showers are shiny and new (with good heat and water pressure.)

• 4th May 2013

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Very cute, nice decor in the Cabin Room, and very clean. Complimentary tea and coffee but the self catering is a bit minimal (no hot plate or stove or oven type thing, just a microwave and mini fridge) but ensuite bath is brand new looking with excellent heat and water pressure. Beds were rather uncomfortable (thin but instead of foam or similar were coil spring which poked me all night) and staff seemed nice enough, if more engaged in running the restaurant below.

• 21st Apr 2013

Thank you for writing such a positive yet constructive review. We endeavour to provide the best facilities and services to our guests whilst remaining to be a unique and memorable boutique hostel. We are so excited to be very near to completing our extension which will include an additional 24 beds, large chill out lounge with fully equipped kitchen and a reception area. We would love for you to stay with us again and experience an even better stay with our brand new facilities.

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Spotlessly clean hostel in a beautiful atmospheric valley. A bit of a walk to the city centre but nothing is too far away in Luxembourg & the bus is an easy alternative. The staff were friendly and courteous (& even offered me a free coffee when I had to wait for my 4am cab ride to the airport)& it was convenient to have the option of an in-hostel restaurant (met some fellow travelers there) when my sore feet kept me from wandering too far astray. Only downside was the wifi: quite slow at times

• 4th Apr 2012

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Snuffel definitely provided good value for money. It was great to have an available kitchen and a free breakfast at such an affordable nightly rate. The bed itself was clean although the linens seemed a bit care worn and the bathrooms were rather smelly. I noticed a number of people commented on the stairs but they didn't seem unstable or unsafe to me. Rooms were a bit warm even in March (mind it was 20 degrees during the day) and staff was a little scattered or slow to appear but friendly.

• 24th Mar 2012

Stayokay Domburg

Domburg, Netherlands

Amazing location. I was so glad I chose to visit Domburg. The Castle grounds are gorgeous and the castle itself looks cool from the outside. Inside it's clean & modern but a bit sterile (not a lot of character) but I'll take that over drafty.Showers were hot & beds were clean.Decent breakfast included (cereal, bread, hard boiled eggs & meat to choose from) and quaint nearby towns.By far the best part was the surroundings: groomed trails through the woods(rent a bike!) & a sandy beach.

• 23rd Mar 2012

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hostel ROOM had a cool vibe and was a good place to crash for the night. Secure rolling lockers under the beds and key cards for access for security. The beds had reading lights but the room lighting was a bit dim otherwise (perhaps better that way so as not to wake up sleeping roommates).Clean but not spotless. Some staff were awesome; others were nice & answered any questions if asked but didn't take initiative to give a tour or offer to help with bags etc. Warm environment and great pub.

• 22nd Mar 2012

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Best hostel I've ever stayed in.! The bed (I was in the 6 bed room) was more comfortable than my own at home(plus feather pillows and a down comforter!)The place was absolutely spotless:fresh clean sheets, clean bathrooms and shiny clean kitchen with all the cooking equipment in good shape (no old gouged pans or anything like that.)The staff was really genuine & devoted to making sure each individual enjoyed their stay. I was sad to leave them! As a single woman traveling alone I felt very safe

• 14th Mar 2012