A lovely comfortable hostel, although a little quiet. Offers great deals on tours (in particular the bamboo raft ride to Xingping) The wifi wasn't great in the rooms and on the last day the wifi was not working at all which meant that we couldn't book our next hostel :( Overall a nice stay!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thank you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and had a nice bamboo raft trip. Meanwhile we must offer you an apologize for the Wifi issue that you experienced on the last day. Thank you! This Old Place

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

A nice cosy hostel in the middle of Kunming. The directions were perfect from the bus station when we came from Dali. It was raining when we go there so it was really cold but inside the hostel was nice and cosy! I would definately stay again! :)

• 22nd Oct 2013

Panba Lakeside Lodge

Lijiang, China

A beautiful hostel! Probably the most beautiful I've stayed in since I started travelling! It looks more like a hotel than a hostel! :) Comfortable beds and a lovely ensuite bathroom in our dorm! :) The only thing I didn't like was the bus ride and the 10 minute walk in the dark searching for the signs on the wall! It was a little scary! But, by day you should be fine! :)

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi,tara,thank you two for choosing us, hope you had good time and memories with us during your stay,and welcome back~

A nice hostel in the midde of the Shangrila old town. It was easy to get around. The beds are a little hard and creaky and the dorm rooms are freezing at night! Loved the hot showers though!

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel with a great location. I found that the other travellers were not the friendliest, they kept to themselves. Very close to the bus station to get busses West towards Tibet!

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Staff don't speak and english. Due to staying here on the holiday week everyone was chinese and kept to themself. The beds are very comfortable! :) The bar is a bit dull...

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

I regret that I could have only stayed here one night. This hostel is really cosy and has great nightlife downstairs in the bar. Comfy beds and carded doors. I couldn't ask for more!

• 29th Sep 2013

365 Inn

Beijing, China

Always a pleasure staying in this hostel. I won't be back for a long time. When I left I got hugs from the staff. Honestly, I consider the staff here like family. So friendly, fun and always here to help! You will not regret staying at this hostel! Love you guys! :) x

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

I love that the hostel is an observatory. Great view of the city! The girls on the desk were so helpful. The dorm room was nice but the aircon seemed to leak water all over the floor. I couldn't use my room locker at the key wouldn't open it so I had to put my laptop bag in behind the reception all the time.

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thanks for staying with us and the feedback. Cheers

Really easy to get to the hostel....the bus drops you 2 minutes walk from the hostel. The staff were so lovely and helpful! Great city, great hostel, great location! :) Would definitely stay again!

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

we had a great time with u .Have a nice trip at your next stop and hope see u again!

Tianjin Cloudy Bay Hostel

Tianjin, China

Directions are not correct to this hostel. Had to get a taxi and almost got assaulted by a taxi driver that tried to screw me out of money as a result of getting the bus. Girls are helpful but do not speak any english. No info on what there is to do in the city etc. A bit disappointing to be honest.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

The hostel has moved to a new location what they neglected to say is that they were having a total refit. Drills and banging from the early hours of the morning. Not impressed. Directions from Harbin Station only....it would help if you had directions from all the stations. Staff tried to be helpful but did not have knowledge how to get to tourist destinations and only had maps for sale. Even a little photocopied map would help. I did enjoy the little kitten that was running around! :)

• 11th Sep 2013

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Had my room cancelled as my bus was delayed and made me pay for a private room. Sometimes it took a long time for others to check in as there were so many people looking for information on tours etc. some people were turned away even though they had booked in advance and they had over booked with other people. The staff tried to accommodate me with a tour as cheap as possible but I looked elsewhere. Sraff refused to hold my luggage during my treck as a result. Customer service needs to be better

• 3rd Aug 2013

Ulan Ude Travellers House

Ulan Ude, Russia

Cosy little hostel. The girls were great and helped me to get around the city and seeing the sights! Helped me to book my bus to Ulaanbaatar! :)

• 31st Jul 2013

Trans-Sib Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

Great hostel! A little quiet though! Booked me into another hostel because theirs was full which was great! Also helped me to book a great trip to Orkhon island! :) Keep up the good work!

• 26th Jul 2013

Titmouse House

Krasnoyarsk, Russia

The water wasn't always working in the hostel and as a result all the backpackers stayed at another hostel, I didn't find out until just before I got onto my train to the hostel. Although the hostel was empty it was nice to have the hostel to myself. The girls who work there are kind and helpful! :)

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Cosy little hostel, although very small when there is lots of people. I love the free tea and cookies! I ordered a pickup but the taxi driver didn't end up picking me up "beacause he didn't see me" but the girl and her boyfriend came to pick me up themselves which I was so grateful for!!

• 15th Jul 2013

Smile Hostel

Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

Beautiful and brand new hostel. Everything is so nicely laid out and CLEAN. The communal area is very spacious. The directions need to be made clearer for this hostel. I struggled to find the bus it was not located outside the train station at all but across the road and behind the mac donalds building to the left. (if that makes sense!) The hostel only had Russian maps of Nizhny Novgorod which was a pity. All in a all a beautiful hostel and I would definately stay there again!

• 13th Jul 2013

Da! Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Directions are perfect to get to this hostel. As a person that gets lost easily...I didn't get lost at all! :) Nice new hostel and secure with key cards to get in and out. The common area is great and the kitchen is great for cooking. Although the day I left I THINK I saw bed bugs on the underneath of bunk above me. Over all I enjoyed my stay here! :)

• 9th Jul 2013

The CubaHostel

St Petersburg, Russia

I LOVE this hostel. I couldn't have made a better choice than to stay here! :) I met loads of new friends here and Oksana was great...she took us out to party and even came with me to play Soviet video games! :)

• 6th Jul 2013

CheapSleep Helsinki

Helsinki, Finland

The hostel is huge and very spacious! The rooms are lovely and have a locker included in the price. The common area is great for meeting new people and the kitchen again is huge.Very handy supermarket just below the hostel too! :)

• 2nd Jul 2013

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was very central. It's huge and has a lovely communal area for people to hang out and have a drink. The bed was nice and comfortable and the room was spacious! It's close to the luas and only about 10 minutes walk from town.

• 16th Jun 2013

Sp@Itaewon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Great hostel. Probably the most central hostel I've stayed in in Seoul. You are basically right in the center of Itaewon. Will definitely stay again! :)

• 3rd May 2013

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A nice cosy hostel. Very close to everything! I would definitely stay here again! :)

• 22nd Mar 2013

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

We had to wait for the hostel to open after spending the night in the airport as there is no 24 hour reception but there was a mc donalds close by that we could wait in. Very secure little hostel! Lovely cosy hostel with THE SOFTEST BEDS I'VE EVER SLEPT IN! :) Loved my bed! :) Very helpful staff and lots of maps for sight seeing! :)

• 21st Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

A lovely relaxing hostel and good value for money. I loved the pond in the middle and also the cats roaming around which made it more homely! :) Some of the staff didn't know about some tourist sights in Shanghai which was a let down as I found some info hard to get on the internet. Also the hostel needs some small detailed tourist maps that marks out some of the main sights. I had to buy a tourist map that was absolutely huge and I paid 15 yuan for this I wasn't impressed. Beautiful hostel!

We are Looking forward to your visit again. Best wishes

365 Inn

Beijing, China

I had a great time at 365 inn. The staff were very friendly as were the people staying there. I went on the great wall tour with the hostel and had a great time. The rooms were large and clean. I I had an absolute blast in Bejing all down to this hostel! :) Cheers! :)

• 29th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

All was good until we came back the next day and 100,000 won had been stolen from a friends bag. Also when I got back my friends had told me that a Korean guy was trying to get into bed with them. I had met this Korean guy and he was shouting about how he had lost his friends and he thought they were at the hostel.... There should be more security within the hostel itself. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 21st Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi, We have many Lockers . Why did you not use our Lockers? Why did you not lock your room?

The hostel was quite cold, it was never very warm when we stayed there even thought it was snowing at the time we stayed. It was very basic, no communal area where you can meet other travellers. We had to sit in the kitchen which would have disrupted others from sitting down to a cooked meal if there were many people there. The bedclothes weren't new they were old and dusty but the covers were lovely and clean but hard to put on the beds.

• 23rd Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thank you for your comment. We are sorry that the hostel was not warm during the snow time. The snow was really great, hitting a 6 year's history record.. Our heater system seems not strong enough.We will do more work on it. Hopefully next time you will enjoy our hostel.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about this hostel. I only stayed 2 nights I wish I could have stayed the entire trip here! The atmosphere was great it was clean and cosy. The staff were fun as well as the other people staying there! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Tokyo! :)

• 21st Jan 2012
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your rating and feedback. Thank you very much for all beautiful comments. We wish your stay could be longer, too. We will keep doing our best to accommodate our guests well. We look forward to seeing you next time. Thank you very much.