Trilhas de Minas Hostel

Ouro Preto, Brazil

Great hostel. Run by lovely people. Close to everything you'll need for a great time in Ouro Preto.

• 5th Jul 2014

Pousada Sao Jorge

Bonito, Brazil

Really nice, comfortable hostel for exploring Bonito. All tours can be organised through them. I had a couple of issues with tours being disorganised though with one staff member. Just be sure to check dates carefully. Probably a good idea to organise most popular tours in advance.

• 27th Jun 2014

CB Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Best hostel experience I had in Brasil. I think I may have been one of the first ever guests. The young guy who set this place up with his family, Rogerio, was such a great guy. He showed me around the area, made sure I had everything I needed and had a great time. Only problem could be - if it was really, really busy - there might not be enough bathrooms/showerspace. But I'd definitely go back again.

• 4th Jun 2014

Hercus Santa Teresa

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Stayed here before and during the World Cup. The price during the cup was too gig - but it was everywhere. They didn't have any towels available when I arrived and were short on blankets. The internet wasn't able to deal with the number of people there either. It wasn't entirely full at the time as well, so it could have been worse, but it should have been a lot better.

• 27th May 2014

Hostel Solar dos Romanos

Salvador, Brazil

Nice place, although access to the kitchen to make food wasn't really made available. And a couple of the staff weren't very supportive either and threw some expensive food out that we'd put in the fridge because they didn't like it. The owner is a great guy though and a couple of the staff were very helpful.

• 15th May 2014

SieChit√° Guesthouse

Bogota, Colombia

Amazing. Small place, perfect for couples or a single person (one room available) needing some privacy. It's the first place to talk about sustainability that I've been to that actually tries to do meaningful stuff. Stay here. Do it.

• 29th Apr 2014

Bellavista Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Should be a good area - close to the nightlife. But it just meant a lot of noise, particularly car alarms going off all night. Just got really annoying.

• 19th Apr 2014

Residencial Noelia Hostel

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Enjoyed my time here. My friend had stuff stolen from her bag though, so I marked security down though. Staff were helpful trying to resolve it though. Just be careful and some responsibility I guess.

• 16th Feb 2014