Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Urban Central

Melbourne, Australia

Not a bad place to stay - especially for a fairly cheap price. Staff were quite friendly, though breakfast was chaos and trying to secure a glass or plate was very difficult! Quite a big hostel, though there are a lot of social spaces, tv rooms and a bar. Would stay again.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review. We also think our common areas, separate t.v rooms and bar are what makes us special. As well as our clean and spacious rooms :-) Our free breakfast each day can get quite busy at times. We look forward to seeing you again soom.

The best aspect of this hostel is the staff - always very friendly and helpful and made my stay very pleasant. The rooms were good and there is a bar downstairs which was a nice place to hang out. Quite close to Victoria station also.

• 15th Jan 2013

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Not a bad stay, but the showers weren't very good and some parts of the hostel were poorly heated - which was a bit of a problem in winter. The hostel organised activities like pub crawls and movie nights, which made the stay more enjoyable.

• 12th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your review!! Please come to reception if you need anything- we're open 24 hours a day and have extra heaters for those guests more sensitive to the cold!! Glad you enjoyed our free evening events!! Hope to see you again at Hatters Manchester!!

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Not a bad stay, especially considering the location is right next to the train station. The rooms were clean and there is a free breakfast in the morning.

• 11th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank-you for taking the time to review. We are glad you found your stay enjoyable and was impressed with your overall experience. Happy Travels :)

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Not a bad hostel, but quite large. The facilities were good and breakfast in the cafe was cheap. If you're travelling solo, it might be better to stay somewhere smaller and more sociable.

• 5th Jan 2013

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

A friendly hostel and a great place to meet people. Having the staff show us the town in the evenings was a highlight. The (free) breakfast was basic but still better than what a lot of hostels offer. There were good common areas and the staff were really helpful. The only negative thing about this hostel was that it perhaps needed a few more bathrooms - but as it looked to be in the midst of renovations, this will surely be fixed soon enough.

• 3rd Jan 2013

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

My biggest complaint is that the rooms were tiny and there was very little room to store large bags or move around. Other than this, the hostel was great with good common areas and an excellent location.

• 1st Jan 2013

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

A really good stay and a great place to meet other people. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting.

• 20th Dec 2012

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

An excellent stay. This is such an amazing hostel to meet people and see the town, seeing as it is so close to everything. There is a good kitchen, clean rooms and bathrooms and lots of common areas. There was nothing the staff could not help me with - from booking buses to advice about reykjavik etc. Highly recommended.

• 6th Dec 2012

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Overall a very nice stay. The hostel is located in a weird spot, but is very close to a bus stop. The breakfast was good and the room was tidy. There is a nice bar downstairs as well. It was sometimes a little difficult to find a toilet or shower which was free seeing as there are not many, but there are other small comforts, like free refreshments for guests, water-coolers and free valuables storage were provided.

• 25th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comments. We are located overlooking the river between Chelsea/Knightsbridge and Westminster/West End which makes us very central. We have a 24 hour bus outside the door going to Victoria, Westminster, West End, Oxford Street and Camden every ten minutes during the day and every twenty minutes at night. We are a ten minute walk to Pimlico Tube Station on the Victoria Line.

I had a bit pf trouble checking into this hostel which, despite the friendliness of the staff, left me feeling as though the place was a little disorganized and unprofessional. Other than this issue, the location is very good, just across the road from the tube station and there is a good bar and breakfast included. The toilet and shower facilities could be better - with several toilets blocked or dirty and bathrooms with little room to move or change after showering. Not bad given the price.

• 19th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi thanks for your feedback. We were aware of a blocked toilet which was logged with our maintenance team and has since been repaired. I hope this didn't inconvenience you too much during your stay. Hope to see you again soon. Regards R. Newby General Manager

Central Backpack King

Budapest, Hungary

Small, but cosy hostel, well located in town. Facilities were comfortable and there was a good kitchen and common room for guest use. Staff were mostly helpful in answering our questions.

• 23rd Aug 2012

The Monk's Bunk

Tallinn, Estonia

I only stayed here for one night but was more than pleased with the helpful staff and comfortable dorm. It seemed a friendly place with a little bar upstairs and close to town, so I would definitely choose to stay here if I returned to Tallinn.

• 3rd Aug 2012

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

Nice place fairly well located. I had no problem meeting other travellers and there were a lot of social events organised by the staff. The staff were amazing also - very helpful!

• 25th Jul 2012

Anker Hotel

Oslo, Norway

Clean and comfortable and good breakfast provided in the morning. Fairly close to the center of town and easily accessible by tram. Not a bad place to stay, especially considering that the price of accommodation in Oslo can be quite high. This is a suitable low-cost place for anyone wanting a private room and bathroom rather than a dorm.

• 17th Jul 2012

My Friends

Florence, Italy

Great place to stay. Easy walking distance to all attractions, friendly and helpful staff and charming little building. Would definitely stay again, especially for such a good price!

• 12th Jul 2012

Hotel 22 Marzo Milan

Milan, Italy

We had an amazing stay here. The staff were excellent and very helpful and informative, the room was clean and pleasant and very good value for money. The hotel was walking distance from the Duomo and right next to the trams and buses. I highly recommend a stay here.

• 8th Jul 2012

Hotel Parthenon City

Rhodes, Greece

The staff at this hotel, with the exception of one who helped me to get my air conditioner working, were useless. They messed up my booking, told me to wait 10 mins for a room, then had me waiting for an hour, and couldn't assist with basic tasks like helping me with directions or calling a taxi. The room was basic, but clean. It was not a very restful place to stay due to all the noise and the door to my room didn't lock properly.

• 28th Jun 2012

Katerina And John Hotel

Santorini, Greece

I felt very well looked after staying here. A very relaxing stay. It is in a slightly inconvenient location, but the staff are very good helping out with bike hire, maps, tour bookings and any other questions. Room was comfortable and air conditioned and the other guests were lovely and sociable. All this for a very low price!

• 26th Jun 2012

Far Out Beach Club

Ios, Greece

A nice place to stay on the beach, though if you plan on going out in the town, it is about a 3km walk to get home. I found that this hostel was full of tour groups who were a little anti-social, so as a lone traveller, it was difficult to meet people.

• 24th Jun 2012

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

A nice place to stay located right on the beach. A good place to meet people as there is a nice pool bar and mixed cabins.

• 21st Jun 2012

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Excellent place to stay. The staff were very helpful and answered all the questions I had about the town. The bar is a good spot to meet people and the hostel is right in the middle of town.

• 17th Jun 2012

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

• 9th Apr 2012

Marken Gjestehus

Bergen, Norway

Very pleasant hostel. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a few questions for the hostel staff and found that they were more than happy to help and had good knowledge of the area.

• 9th Mar 2012

Belman Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

I would not recommend this hostel at all. It had very few facilities and practically no staff. It was pure luck we arrived when the only staff member we ever met was leaving to check us in, otherwise we would have been locked out even during business hours. The location was not at all central. We discovered by accident that the same door code opens multiple dorm room doors and there are no lockers in the rooms.

• 20th Jan 2012