Location: Australia, Age: 25

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

The renovations are obviously a disruption which is fine, but having boxes and equipment lying around over three floors isn't great for someone as clumsy as myself, when I arrived I could barely get through the door which had boxes and things piled up behind it. When I got to my room via the stairs (the lift had broken the day before) the only locker available was broken. And the door to the bathroom had two holes punched right through it. Last time I stayed here it was great, this time not so.

Hi There! We are very sorry to hear your visit was not to usual standard and hope this will not influence your decision to book with us again in the future. We are undergoing very extensive renovations at the moment and appreciate your comments regarding them. We endeavor to deal with all problems as they arise if we are made aware of them. Hopefully on your return visit you notice the difference after the renovations. Hope to see you soon,

Clink261

The ladders on the bunk beds are a perfect example of when looks win out over functionality and practicality.. It's a really minor thing.. But just thought i'd mention it. Other than that, thumbs up.

Thank you for the review. Thanks for the thumbs up! Sorry that you felt that the ladders were not very comfortable to climb, not all the rooms have this kind of style. Enjoy your travels, hope to see you again :)

Urban House

San Sebastian, Spain

The hostel in general is good, but the bathrooms really need some tlc. They're pretty poor with today's standards. And we couldn't lock our rooms which wasn't great, but there were lockers in the room. Great location and the staff were all great.

A Venice Fish

Venice, Italy

Nice hostel, friendly staff, large bedrooms, clean, having a blind on each bed was nice for privacy, also your own powerpoint by your bedside is a huge positive. Nice area. The only problem I have, and it seems to be a common thing among St Christopher hostels, is that the cages they have under the beds for your bags are great at protecting your things if you have a giant lock, but the general smaller locks that most people carry with them don't work with the cages, making them useless.

Hi, We want to thank you for your feedback,it really mean a lot to us. Regarding the lock issue,we do provide chain which will fit for your lock,it is free of charge. Best regards, The st-Christopher's team

Could have done with more powerpoints in the dorms. The few available were in odd or inconvenient places, both in the dorms and around the hostel.

Mediterranean Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Marino Conference Centre

Dublin, Ireland

Rooms were clean and good for basics. Location wise the bus runs frequently to the city centre, and it'll cost you about €10 for a taxi to town and €15 to the airport. There's also a bus that runs from the airport to a street close by. Breakfast was included for me and it was a great full buffet. It was a little inconvenient being not directly in town, but not a deal breaker. I went for st pats and saved a fortune from what some of the other hostels were charging. Money well spent.

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

Carol was fantastic, a very welcoming and great guy who was full of information, tips and help. It was a nice break from the standard hostels, felt more like a bnb. I was lucky enough to join Carol and his family for a Christmas Eve feast which was fantastic. I would definitely stay here again.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Overall it was a nice place, but push start showers with doors that don't lock properly isn't ideal...

Wombats City Hostel Berlin