Reviews: lkoster846291

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Green Grass Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I was here for a purpose, world cup, so to stay closer to the airport and the stadium was a must, so for me location was great. I had stayed closer to Vila Madelina before, so I had done that already. There might not have been enough bathrooms for everyone, and the breakfast time was a bit crowed. But the staff was ultra helpful, and the pizza guy next door gave me a free Romeo and Juliet pizza (just try it!). Worth it!

Duda Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

Once again, during the world cup, all the prices on hostels were expensive! But getting past that and getting to the hostel... the location wasn't too bad, just a little farther than in the buzz of things, takes a 5 minute walk just to get there, which (from experience) means that nights are a lot more quiet! Breakfast was average, and not a lot of room for guests to sit (8 people max). Also, be prepared to wait for a shower or bathroom, there's only one female and one male!

Hostel Canto dos Artistas

Olinda, Brazil

Just a tad away from the main bit, but worth it. It was more laidback for me, as there weren't many people staying. This actually made it better, it's a relaxing place with personal touches. I woke up late, but the owner had waited for me, got my breakfast freshly made for me, and even though no one spoke English and my Portuguese is horrible, we all sat at the table for breakfast. I even got a hug when I left, really sweet place.

I stayed here for one night, great location and decent facilities. Fans in rooms were really loud, so bring earplugs! Otherwise, the location and the hostel are pretty worth it. Plus I got a towel free, I can never say no to a free towel!

J-Sun Hostel

Fortaleza, Brazil

I'll start by saying that the beds and lockers are totally fine, the breakfast was nice and simple with fruits, bread with meats and cheese and juice. Beyond that, I had some not so good experiences here. Locals say it isn't really a safe area, and after a coulle at the hostel got mugged at gunpoint right around the corner, I would say that local was right. I also got some bad advice on buses that cost me time and money. I would say avoid this hostel but don't avoid this city!

Viva Hostel Design

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Despite all the hills ;) lol, this was a great place to stay! The downstairs is really cool and welcoming and the staff were super helpful, upstairs is another great common room with a smaller tv and great kitchen! The concrete pods could eitherbe the coolest thing or the worst... until you get there, they are super cool with outlets and lights in them! Outlets in the lockers too! All the bathrooms were nice and clean. Zero bad things to say about this hostel! Thanks for a great stay viva!

Cafe Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Not having a sign made things harder for me (but they do warn you about that!). Having 3 beds per bunk made the room a little messy with everyones stuff, but the beds were comfy! The staff was super helpful, he went the extra mile to help me get my phone charged when I really needed to let them know I got there ok. Wish I had checked out more of the place!

We do have a big sign that is hard to miss, you must have mixed it up with another hostel ;) Next time you should try staying in one of our dorms with only two beds per bunk, they have plenty of space!

Hostel Bambu

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

The ONLY downside of this hostel was the lockers in the main area, away from your room. Other than that, rooms and beds were great, showers and bathrooms clean, and loads of bathroom options! There was a big main common room, and a LARGE outdoor area, and a pool. This is a great socializing hostel. Staff were completely awesome, best of my trip!

Hostel Pousada Pais Tropical

Salvador, Brazil

Bathrooms and dorm rooms could've used a little bit of work, loose tiles, working doors etc.

Dar Jameel

Tangier, Morocco

It might be an experience in itself to get there, but once you are then, it is a great welcome. The guys were great, showed us how to make Moroccan tea! The room was great, breakfast was fantastic. Weather wasn't so great, but lucky they have a cool sunroom on the roof that is great for lounging. Beautifully decorated!

The Anfield Stanley Hostel

Liverpool, England

If you are in Liverpool for a football match, this is the place to stay. It's literally 5 minutes from Anfield, thus close to Goodison too. You have to check in at a different place, not far at all, and the lady was nice. It was so cheap to stay, I opted for paying both nights and left after one. Showers look brand new :) but be warned, chose your bed wisely. I didn't and got the most bed ever, creaked so bad and springs jammed into me, I didn't move all night. It's loud too, after a game, duh!

Hi lAUREN, Thank you for your feedback on your chosen accomadation. We are happy that you had such a good visit with us. We are grateful for your comments with reference to the beds in the room you stayed in and have now rectified the problem. We also have a manager living in the ground floor now to ensure the noise levels are acceptable and to ensure all our guests have a pleasant and comfy stay. Again many thanks Lynne Whiteley The Anfield Stanley Park Hostel