Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Hostel Mamallena

Cartagena, Colombia

My stay was average. The location is great, close to the wall with plenty of food options and nearby action. The biggest downfall is the poor staff. They are indifferent and couldn't answer basic questions. For example they offer a shuttle to a popular beach but "don't know" how to get there by public bus. I get they want to sell the tour, but a good hostel would also provide the info and a choice. The cleaning people clean the room and ensuite at 7am (not discreetly). The atmosphere is great.

• 17th May 2015
  • Globetrotter

Wow. I'm sorry that all that time I spent personally talking with you, chatting with you, asking if everything was OK, explaining about things around the city seems to have been wasted! You can probably count me, as the owner, as one of the staff members as well, and considering I am here most of the time I am always available, as you saw. I find it sad that one problem u had with one staff member one day affected your entire rating.

The Dreamer Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Fantastic hostel. The staff are happy and informed, the cleaning staff work throughout the day (even though things still get a little iky in the showers), nice pool and activites every day. Great place to chill in the day and party at night. Highly recommend.

• 14th May 2015

Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

• 11th May 2015

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Awesome hostel! Security guards are just amazing, and volunteered to walk us nearby (though it was safe), staff is soo friendly, rooms comfy and perfect location a few mins from the metro. There was even a mix up with my room and I got upgraded at no charge or fuss. Highly, highly recommend this place.

• 6th May 2015

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Amazing hostel with staff that address you by your name and shake your hand upon meeting you. Great friendly vibe with nightly activities including free drinking game night! Metro is a 2 min walk, and is close to the best parts of the city. Stayed here twice within a 2 week period and will definitely return when I'm back in Madrid. Thanks for an amazing stay!!

• 13th Aug 2014

Porto Spot Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This hostel was absolutely amazing. It is in a beautiful building, with well-designed, clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms. The staff are amazing and helpful. There is plenty of common space and the vibe is soo open and friendly perfect for solo travellers. There are walking tours and pub crawls from the hostel. It is an easy walk to the city centre. Great kitchen and the free breakfast is a great way to start the day! This is the only place I'll stay in Porto. Thanks guys!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hostel is ok overall. Nice touches like privacy curtains, laundry and ensuite bathrooms. Some staff members are nice, some just ok. However, it's massive and you will line up at the front desk to ask general questions behind people who are checking in, and loads of people are always checking in! Do the online checkin process. Probably wouldn't stay again.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hello! Thank you for taking some time to leave us your thoughts, they are very important to us. We have a great set of staff indeed, we will see what we can do to get everyone up to our very high standards as soon as possible. It's very sad to hear you wouldn't come back again, all we need is another chance and we will show you what we are made of! Go on do it.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Horrible!! The 24 hr reception is bogus. The "night security" who watches the desk until 8:30am put up a "back in 5 min" sign, after waiting 20 mins early in the morning, I went looking and found a sweet old man who works the kitchen who helped me. HOWEVER, i missed my bus! When I went back the "night security" was so rude, said it was my fault! I should have SEARCHED for HIM!! The staff at 8:30 were super nice though. Mattress practically didn't exist, I slept on the wood slots all night! Sick

• 2nd Aug 2014

Hostel Santini Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel and great staff especially the American girl and Spainish guy. There is one staff who I witnessed being really rude to guests. Also not too big but the cleaning lady thought i left and stripped my bed including my towel. They gave me one of the hotel's as reimbursement. Better organizing of the beds should happen. The free breakfast is ok and the free sandwiches are awesome. Would defintely stay again.

• 29th Jul 2014

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Overall, the hostel is ok. It is massive (!) though with 450 beds so as you can imagine, it's not great for solo travellers at all! It is clean and right across the street from the metro which is awesome. The staff are pretty openly bitter and jaded due to the volume of people they have to deal with and try to control at night with the noise. When I was checking in, the guy complained about all the asshole guests. Would definitely look for another hostel when in Berlin again.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

It is much more hotel than hostel - no character and soo EXPENSIVE for what you get. Group of long term students caused the kitchen to be locked as they supposedly didn't clean up. Worse part was my dorm mates had sex (on my bottom bunk), and then proceeded to turn on all the lights and have loud drunken conversations from 3-5:30. After ignoring my pleas for quiet, I went down to front desk about the situation, the guy only shrugged and said there was nothing he could do. NO attempt to help!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi there, thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay here. Staying in a dorm is always a bit of a risk. Sometime you have nice roommates, and sometimes you end up with people who don't respect others. But of course it's our job to make sure, people are able to sleep and I will make sure my colleagues will react to such situations properly in the future. I hope you enjoyed Munich anyways. Best wishes, Alex

City Hostel N├╝rnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

The best part of the hostel is the location. Close to beautiful churches, the imperial castle and museums. The man at the front desk is not really friendly though he will answer any questions that you ask, but it felt as if he was being inconvenienced at times. No real atmosphere here. Glad it was only one night.

• 18th Jul 2014

Hostal Yakumama

Cuenca, Ecuador

• 26th May 2014

Community Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Amazing staff, great atmosphere, perfect location. Will be back when I'm in Quito.

• 9th May 2014

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great staff and location. The breakfast is awesome!!! Only spent one night but would definitely return!

• 8th Jul 2013

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

This place is fantastic. Each bed has a little shelf, outlet and light. Clean and numerous bathrooms. Awesome staff and chill out spaces. Would love to go back!

• 5th Jul 2013

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was the worse of my RTW trip. They mixed up my reservation and tried to charge me for the mix-up. Too much attitude - 2 of the girls at the reception have massive attitudes and the cleaning lady yelled at me when I mentioned that closing the only girls bathroom on the floor at 9:30am to mop the floor seemed a little inconvenient. The hostel mimicke this gloom. Breakfast is very simple. Would never recommend this place to anyone, especially when there are awesome hostels close by!

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Lotoya, there was no mix up with your reservation. You requested by mail the cancelation of all but one night of your reservation which was respected on arrival. The only thing that the receptionist explained to you was that although you paid a deposit to confirm the reservation, that this deposit did not cover your stay of one night a the hostel. I do believe that this tainted your stay with us and I do believe that is a shame as most of our guests have a great time.

Makuto Backpackers Hostel

Granada, Spain

This place was great in almost all ways. I would consider staying again. HOWEVER, the bathroom is a bit of a problem. It's unisex and there is no real privacy between the shower and the toilets. There is no privacy at all really. Again other than that the place is great!

• 1st Jul 2013

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Every night they organize beautiful events from tapas tasting to fantastic city walking tours that will blow your mind. Free sangria from 8-9 every night. Simply the best.

• 27th Jun 2013

Astor Hyde Park

Everything was great - clean, friendly staff and included breakfast. Only thing was the wifi was terrible, I couldn't even make a skype call!

• 24th Jun 2013

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

• 9th May 2012

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

While the hostel is quite cheap, expect equal value. You will shower over the toilet and the lockers are tiny and extremely flimsy - a hammer would quite easily open it. I left after one night especially because for just a bit more you can get a lot better place in CHiang Mai.

• 16th Apr 2012

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

I had an overall great stay. Some of the staff were so helpful and friendly and others were not - but it was a good balance of the two. May recommend it to a friend because of its cleanliness and good location.

• 13th Apr 2012