Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 28

It is much more hotel than hostel - no character and soo EXPENSIVE for what you get. Group of long term students caused the kitchen to be locked as they supposedly didn't clean up. Worse part was my dorm mates had sex (on my bottom bunk), and then proceeded to turn on all the lights and have loud drunken conversations from 3-5:30. After ignoring my pleas for quiet, I went down to front desk about the situation, the guy only shrugged and said there was nothing he could do. NO attempt to help!

City Hostel N├╝rnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

The best part of the hostel is the location. Close to beautiful churches, the imperial castle and museums. The man at the front desk is not really friendly though he will answer any questions that you ask, but it felt as if he was being inconvenienced at times. No real atmosphere here. Glad it was only one night.

Hostal Yakumama

Cuenca, Ecuador

Community Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Amazing staff, great atmosphere, perfect location. Will be back when I'm in Quito.

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great staff and location. The breakfast is awesome!!! Only spent one night but would definitely return!

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

This place is fantastic. Each bed has a little shelf, outlet and light. Clean and numerous bathrooms. Awesome staff and chill out spaces. Would love to go back!

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was the worse of my RTW trip. They mixed up my reservation and tried to charge me for the mix-up. Too much attitude - 2 of the girls at the reception have massive attitudes and the cleaning lady yelled at me when I mentioned that closing the only girls bathroom on the floor at 9:30am to mop the floor seemed a little inconvenient. The hostel mimicke this gloom. Breakfast is very simple. Would never recommend this place to anyone, especially when there are awesome hostels close by!

Lotoya, there was no mix up with your reservation. You requested by mail the cancelation of all but one night of your reservation which was respected on arrival. The only thing that the receptionist explained to you was that although you paid a deposit to confirm the reservation, that this deposit did not cover your stay of one night a the hostel. I do believe that this tainted your stay with us and I do believe that is a shame as most of our guests have a great time.

Makuto Backpackers Hostel

Granada, Spain

This place was great in almost all ways. I would consider staying again. HOWEVER, the bathroom is a bit of a problem. It's unisex and there is no real privacy between the shower and the toilets. There is no privacy at all really. Again other than that the place is great!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Every night they organize beautiful events from tapas tasting to fantastic city walking tours that will blow your mind. Free sangria from 8-9 every night. Simply the best.

Astor Hyde Park

Everything was great - clean, friendly staff and included breakfast. Only thing was the wifi was terrible, I couldn't even make a skype call!

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

While the hostel is quite cheap, expect equal value. You will shower over the toilet and the lockers are tiny and extremely flimsy - a hammer would quite easily open it. I left after one night especially because for just a bit more you can get a lot better place in CHiang Mai.

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

I had an overall great stay. Some of the staff were so helpful and friendly and others were not - but it was a good balance of the two. May recommend it to a friend because of its cleanliness and good location.