Istanbul, Turkey

Have stayed in this hostel twice previously and I keep coming back, I think that says enough. Superb location, great & helpful staff, fantastic rooftop terrace with a gorgeous view of the Bosphorous. Thank you Paco and the rest of the gang! :)

Warere Town House

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Really lovely hotel with beautiful, traditional zanzibari deco. Very friendly and super helpful staff. Breakfast was delicious, varied and plentiful at the upper floor terrace with great views of the old town and port. Some streets nearby are not exactly well lit but this seems to be pretty much the norm in Stone Town. I must say, however, that I was there as a solo female traveller and I didn't feel unsafe walking or wandering around the streets of the old town or going back to Warere.

Wildebeest Eco Camp

Nairobi, Kenya

I really enjoyed my stay there. Beautiful grounds,really lovely and clean tents with confy beds, very helpful and friendly staff, tasty food, and a very chilled atmosphere. The restaurant deck where breakfast and diner is served is also a great place to chill out, have a drink and meet people. Thanks to all the crew at Wildebeest for a lovely stay.

Admiralty Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Perfect location to all tourist attractions. Met 3 members of the staff(and 1of the owners) during my 3 day stay and they were all lovely, very polite and tried to help me in every way with any questions. Confy beds, really clean and superb view of the Hermitage from bedroom window.Only problem was that,on my arrival, it was difficult to find the front door.The owner told me they had replaced the door and sign for the Hostel and house number had been taken away She said these are been replaced.

Istanbul, Turkey

This was my second stay at this hostel, that's how much I enjoyed my stay here. The staff, location and character of the hostel was so good that I had no hesitation to come back. Many thanks for being such great hosts guys! :o)

I had a lovely stay. The hostel was clean, typical turkish breakfast with the addition of yogurt, cereal and some cold meats was great. Staff was attentive and very helpful when I requested additional info to go self hicking. The common room, where breakfast is served, have a beautiful view of Goreme's dramatic landscape and dwellings. The cave dorm where I stayed was full of character and my bed was really confy. Utterly loved hicking in this part of the world, simply fabulous!

Istanbul, Turkey

In an excellent location for exploring Istanbul's turistic sites and the city. Awesome and friendly staff who is always happy to help(Paco & Yusuf are the happiest hostel receptionists around) and probably the best rooftop terrace I have ever seen in a hostel in my travels. Loved having breakfast there in the morning looking at the Bosphorous and the towers of Haghia Sophia and chilling out having a drink late in the eve after a busy day sightseeing. Istanbul is such a gorgeous city

• 21st Mar 2013