Location USA, Gender Female, Age 30

Split Hostel booze & snooze, Split, Croatia
29th Aug 2015

Good: Super helpful staff who thoroughly explained everything I needed to know, walked me to my room, and printed a tour voucher for me for free. Great location. Spacious lockers provided in the rooms. Airconditioning was good. Very clean. Not good: When I opened my locker with the key that I was given, there was already a bag in there! I also wish the rooms had more power outlets.

Brisbane City YHA, Brisbane, Australia
27th Dec 2014

Very clean hostel and location (near Roma Street Station) was perfect. Excellent staff. I had a quick peek at the kitchen/pool area and it seemed sociable. Lockers (bring a lock) and aircon in the rooms. I was on the 1st floor in the main building (where reception is) and while I liked the music that was being played, you could hear it very clearly in the room. Given that a lot of ppl in hostels need to sleep at weird hours, that could be a drawback for guests.

26th Dec 2014

This hostel was nicer than the 3.5 star hotel I stayed at in Cairns the previous night! Brand new facilities which are very clean and well-kept. The bed was comfy and I was happy to have air-conditioning in the room. The rooms are pretty well-insulated from outside noise. The staff were also very helpful and arranged my airport transfer for me.

Hlemmur Square, Reykjavik, Iceland
3rd Oct 2013

The great: Comfy beds & large locker drawers (bring a decent-sized lock... not sure if they rent them) & blue night lights in the rooms so you can get ready without waking everyone. The showers (single-sex) being divided by curtains was a bit weird at first, but as each shower/dressing area has so much space, I really liked it at the end! Breakfast was expensive (1500 ISK) but yummy – really enjoyed cheese croissants/yoghurt/muesli cups. Friendly, attentive staff.

Luxembourg City Hostel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
13th Sep 2013

Pretty clean hostel. Breakfast is cold cuts, cheese, a few types of bread and cereal. Not bad! Lockers in the room were spacious (could probably fit a big backpack) and secure (bring a small to mid-size lock). People hang out in the reception area, restaurant and front terrace if you want to meet people. The only thing I didn't like was the hike up the hill to get to the city... but that's over in 5 minutes and not a huge deal unless you have big luggage.

Sultan Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
21st Aug 2013

The staff are great guys- easygoing, helpful and trustworthy. Security in the hostel not great though - there is one key per room, so if someone is in the room, the door is unlocked and anyone can walk in (like when you're sleeping). There are lockers near reception but not in the rooms. The free wifi was great, and fortunately my room was close to reception so I could get it from my bed. Bathrooms and rooms are clean!

Generator Hostel Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
16th Aug 2013

I wish the free wifi reached past the reception area, but other then that, I cannot fault this hostel on anything. Very clean and secure. Underbed roll-out lockers were super secure. Padlocks for them were for sale (not sure if you can rent them too)... if you bring your own lock, just make sure there is at least 20mm between the top of the lock body and the bottom of the shackle... if you don't know what I'm talking about please look it up!!

Marken Gjestehus, Bergen, Norway
12th Jul 2013

The great: Very clean rooms/bathrooms. Beds have reading lights; you can use the socket to charge phones. Staff are friendly & helpful when you need info. Each person gets a locker that can fit a knapsack (key given to you). FREE WIFI ALL OVER THE HOSTEL! The good: Location pretty convenient (near train station/airport bus) & bc Bergen is small, so you're walking distance from everything. There are a few supermarkets nearby The bad: No security; anyone can walk into the hostel's front door.